chapter twenty-one

"Tell me what?" Calum asked, standing in the doorway of my kitchen.

Sydney's eyes went wide and she chirped, "Nothing!"

I just rolled my eyes. She was fucking terrible at keeping secrets.

I set my food down on the counter and told Calum, "It's just girl-stuff, nothing important. But it'd be kind of awkward if she told you," I nodded my head as I spoke.

Calum squinted his eyes at us and replied, "Really? I don't think I believe you.."

"Calum, it's nothing," Sydney told him, walking to him and rubbing his arm.

He pulled away from her, he really seemed pissed off. Maybe he heard what she told me. I mean, it wasn't hard to hear anything in this apartment, no matter what room you were in.

"Calum, please, you can't do this to me right now," Sydney choked on her words.

"I'm going for a walk," Calum spat, then stormed out the front door.

Sydney just stood in her spot, speechless.

"Shit, he probably heard what I said, didn't he?" Sydney said, her voice shaking.

"I don't know. Maybe. But really, Sydney, what would make you think you have any feelings left for that Justin dick?" I asked her.

"I.. Well.. We were in a relationship for a few years. It's kind of hard to just drop somebody like that. I mean, Calum helped.. Yeah.. But something about Justin.."

"Hey," Luke interrupted her.

Sydney looked up at him like she forgot he was in the room.

"Calum is really sensitive.. You better watch yourself," He glared at her.

"No, no, I love Calum.. So so much.. But I still have these little feelings for Justin.. They're just little things, but I feel like I'm doing wrong to Calum. I don't want to hurt him," Sydney began crying and Luke and I just stood there awkwardly.

"Sydney, you don't need to cry.." I said awkwardly, in this kind of monotone voice.

"I'm sorry.. I just really love Calum, and I can't lose him. I need to find out how to get rid of these feelings for Justin.." She cried.

"Well, only you can do that," I responded.

"Well, whenever I'm with Calum.. I don't have these feelings, I love Calum and Calum only. But whenever I'm not around him, my feelings kind of drift towards Justin. Sometimes I want to text him or call him, it's weird."

That obviously made no fucking sense. 'I love Calum and Calum only'. Bullshit, if you like some douche bag, when you have an obviously really nice guy who loves you and cares for you.

I mean Calum seemed nice, I'm not sure if he was.. But he seemed nice to Sydney at least.

Justin, on the other hand, he was full of shit. I, personally, didn't believe anything he said, and neither should Sydney.

"Sydney, he cheated on you.." I bluntly reminded her.

"I know, I know.. I don't understand why I even like him at all.. I should fucking hate him, but I don't. We have history.. History that can't be erased. I wish I could, but I can't. He has marked my heart with his permanent ink." Sydney remarked.

What a fucking drama queen.

"Sydney, shut the fuck up," I told her.

"What do I fucking do?" She pleaded.

"Never ever talk to Justin, ever.." I glared at her, "Okay. Just delete his number and any pictures of you guys and then whenever you need to talk to someone, talk to Calum or Kayla, fuck anybody other than that asshole." I told her.