Welcome Home Baby

Since Clary and little baby Elizabeth have been in the hospital for the past four days the doctors decided to let them go home. When Clary heard the news she was so excited, she couldn't wait for Elizabeth to see the Institute. A few hours later Clary was walking out of the hospital with baby in hand and Jace with all their belongings. "Ready to go home Elizabeth!" Clary said as their cab took off and headed toward the Institute.

The whole way there Clary and Jace were telling Elizabeth all about the Institute. About where everything is and how when they get there that Daddy was going to set up your crib because she was an early baby. "Or Daddy will just make Uncle Alec do it!" Jace said Clary laughed and leaned her head against Jace. Neither of them have gotten much sleep since Elizabeth was born, especially Jace, because he would let Clary sleep while he got up and cared for Elizabeth. As they pulled up to the Institute Clary smiled.Out on the front stairs were Alec and Isabelle waving frantically at there cab. "You know those kids?" The driver asked. "Ya," Jace replied back, "Their my brother and sister" The driver looked at Jace and then back to them. "Why are they by that church?" He asked. "Because we love it there and its our favorite place. Now here is twenty bucks" And closed the door after Clary and the baby.

"Your finally home!" Isabelle yelled when they came walking up the stairs. "I know, isn't it so exciting!" Clary replied back. "Well we have a suprise for you! It'sour congragulations present from mom, me, and Alec. It's upstairs!" Isabelle said. Clary smiled, looked down at Elizabeth, and then back to Izzy, "Aww that's so sweet! Let's go!" Isabelle led them upstairs and when they got upstairs she made them close their eyes. Isabelle and Alec led them to a room. Clary heard a large door swing open, but didn't know what was inside. "Open your eyes!" Alec said.

Clary gasped, "Suprise!" everyone yelled. Inside was Jocelyn, Luke, Mayrse, Maia, Helen, Aline, and Emma. Behind them was a beautiful nursery. The walls were a purple-ish pink color and had a small chandelier hanging from the celing. On the floor there was a big white fluffy carpet that was extremly soft, and of cousre there was a white crib and changing tale along with a large white cushioned rocking chair. "Your all here, and it's so beautiful!" Clary said. "This really is amazing guys, Thank you so much!" Jace added. One by one everyone came and said hello to Eizabeth and to give Clary and Jace hugs. "Can I hold her?" Emma asked. "Of course" Clary replied back. Emma put her armms out and Clary gently placed Elzabeth into Emma's arms. "She's beautiful!" Emma said. Clary dcided to go over to see her mom while Emma took care of Eizabeth. "Hey Mom!" Clary said to Jocelyn giving her a gentlr hug. "Hey Clary you llok great! How are you feeling?" Jocelyn replied back. "I'm good Thanks!" Clary and her mother talked for about twenty minutes about Eizabeth and their plans for her. Then Jace alked over with Elizabeth in his hands, she was crying. "Clary I think we should wrap this up i's a lot for Elizabeth" He said concerned. She nodded, "Hey guys thanks for coming but Elizabeth is getting upset so were gonna wrap up!" In the next five minutes everyone was saying goodbye to the small herondale family and left the family to themselves.

"I'm glad we get to be alone now" Jace said to Clary. As well as making Elizabeth's nursery Izzy and Alec moved all of Clary's belongings into Jace's room, now they shared a room like a real married couple. "Elizabeth is asleep," Jace said softly hjoping not to wake the sleeping child, "I'm gonna go put her in her room" As he said it he slowly rised off the bed and walked swiftly over to Elizabeth's room. When he got there he pulled down the bars and gently placed her into the crib. Before once again pulling up the bars he leaned over and gave his daughter a kiss on the forehead.

"She's asllep" Jace said as he threw himself down on his and Clary's bed. "Thank you" Clary replied. "Hey you were the one who-" He was saying before Clary cut back in. "No Jace really, Thank you. For everything you have done for me" She replied back. He looked down at her and took a strand of her long red hair into his fingers, "You and Elizabeth are the two most important people in my life, I'll always want the best for you" HE then leaned down and pressed his lips to Clary's. This was the first time it has only been them in one room together, without Elizabeth, since she was born. "It feels so weird!" Clary said. "What does?" Jace replied back conused. "Not having a baby inthe room!" She whispered back, not wanting to wake the baby in the room right next to theres. He laughed at her. They both laided back on the bed, Clary curled up in a ball with Jace's warm arms around her, and drifted slowly off to sleep.