Chapter 11: Throwback Galaxy

Mario and Meggy have moved on to World 6, where SMG3 and Desti's base is. They only have to go through a few more galaxies until they can save their friends and are able to go home.

Mario: Alright, fat Luma. What's next?

Lubba: Throwback Galaxy.

Mario took a look at the galaxy and got hit with memories.

Meggy: That place looks awfully familiar...

Mario: That looks like Whomp's Fortress from back in the Mushroom Kingdom!

Meggy: Woah, really?

Mario: Yep! I've been through that place a bunch of times. I know everything about this place inside and out. Leave it to me! I'll lead the way!

Meggy: Okay, Mario.

They made their way to the galaxy, and it looked exactly like a recreation of Whomp's Fortress. A Bob-omb Buddy wanted them to come over.

Bob-omb Buddy 1: Heeeey!

They both walked over to the red Bob-omb.

Bob-omb Buddy 1: Hey, you two! Guy with the 'stache and girl with the weird hair! You two came along just in time! Would you two do me a favor and get that Star back from the Whomp King at the top of this hill?

Mario: Okie dokie! I tussled with him before! He's gonna be easy!

Meggy: You seem to be pretty determined about this, Mario.

Mario: This is familiar territory, Meggy! We can get through this, no sweat!

Bob-omb Buddy 1: To the top!

Mario: Got it!

The couple started to scale the fortress so they can defeat the Whomp King. They came across another Bob-omb Buddy.

Bob-omb Buddy 2: Huh?

He was wondering about something, and Mario and Meggy would like to know.

Bob-mob Buddy 2: You look sorta familiar, 'stache man!

*flashback to Who Let the Chomp Out?*

Both Bob-omb Buddies were looking at what Mario and SMG4 were doing to the Chain Chomp at Bob-omb Battlefield.

Bob-omb Buddy 2: Oh hell no! They took our jobs!

*end flashback*

Mario: Ohhhh...

Bob-omb Buddy 2: How are you doing?

Mario: I'm... doing fine... with my wife.

Bob-omb Buddy 2: A really pretty Star landed here recently, but the big bully at the top of this hill took it! Get the Star!

Mario: I know. We'll take it back and give it to you.

Meggy: But, Mario...

Mario: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Mario slowly walked away with Meggy, as they continued to scale up the fortress, avoiding Thwomps, killing Whomps and Piranha Plants, jumping across platforms, and talking to a third Bob-omb Buddy.

Bob-omb Buddy 3: There's a really scary guy at the top of this hill. But I know I can count on you and your fantastic 'stache! Please take back that Star!

Meggy: What about me?

Bob-omb Buddy 3: Oh... yeah, you're gonna do good too...

Meggy slowly aimed her Splattershot at the red Bob-omb.

Bob-omb Buddy 3: Never mind, you're gonna do fantastic! In fact, better than Mario!

Mario: The f*ck did you just say?

Bob-omb Buddy 3: I-I mean... you two are equally gonna do awesome against the Whomp King!

Mario and Meggy: That's better.

Bob-omb Buddy 3: Oh, thank god.

They made it to the top of the fortress and defeated the Whomp by jumping on his back and ground pounding it together. They were expecting the Star after killing it, but instead, a hole in the middle of the fortress opened.

Mario: That doesn't happen when I take down the Whomp King.

Meggy: Let's jump down there.

They both jumped down the hole and arrived at the other side of the fortress. There, the real Whomp King fell from the sky.

Mario: Whoa! I don't remember him being this huge!

Whomp King: It makes me so mad! We build your houses, your castles. We pave your roads, and still you walk all over us. Do you ever say thank you? No! Well, you're not going to wipe your feet on me! I think I'll crush you just for fun! Do you have a problem with that?

Meggy: Yes we do.

Whomp King: Shut up!

Mario: Don't you dare tell my wife to shut up! Just for that, I'm gonna crush you instead!

Whomp King: Yeah, right! I'd like to see you try! But first...

He was about to crush Mario and Meggy when they least expect it. They screamed, and just before they were about to get crushed, someone familiar came in to hold the Whomp King like it was a pound.

Whomp King: The f*ck?

William: Guess who's back?

Mario and Meggy immediately ran up to William and hugged him.

Mario: Thank you so much, William!

Meggy: You saved our lives!

William: No problem, you two. I'll always be here to protect you just like Infinite.

William started to crush on the Whomp King with all his might, causing him to break into pieces of stone, and the Star appeared.

William: You're welcome.

Mario and Meggy were completely stunned at what they just saw, and they were amazed.

Mario and Meggy: Awesome!

William: Thanks. I see that you two are getting close. Good luck on the rest of your adventure, you two. See you later!

William flew away with the help of his wings, as Mario and Meggy collected the Star. They were now almost at their destination. They couldn't wait to return home with their Inkling friends saved.

Only one last chapter remains. The finale is almost here! SMG3 and Desti have a huge surprise up their sleeves. Anyways, I'll see you all in the final chapter!