KM ㅡ 72

I wake up from an angel like voice

I wake up from an angel like voice. I peek with one eye. I saw Chaeyoung next to me, reading a book.

"Aish... I'm getting bored.. when will she wake up?" She mumbled and close the book to face me. I immediately shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep.

Maybe Timothy has a meeting or working on something and left Chaeyoung here with me.

I feel the mattress bounced. I thought she get off but to my surprise, I can feel her breath on my face.

'What is she doing? What's happening?'

"I'm sorry.." She uttered, almost like a whisper. "I don't know what makes you upset.. but still... I apologize..."

My heart starts to beat faster. I feel guilt from her words.

'I'm not upset Chaeyoung.. you don't have to apologize.'

"Your face.. when you sleep..." She brushes the lock of hair away from my face. "You look so angelic... I hope when you wake up... I don't see the face you showed me earlier.. it makes me sad when you treat me that way.."

Silence.

She didn't talk again. Later did I know, she sighs and gets off the bed.

Gulp.

I didn't know acting like this could affect her. I mean, I'm not upset but I didn't talk to her again after what happened earlier. She must have felt wronged.

'You did nothing to upset me Chaeyoung. What you did is to act cute without your knowledge and it's making me crazy to the point I scolded you because I can't control myself if you act cute in front of me again.'

Sigh.

I heard a door shut. I think she went to the bathroom.

I got up and run my finger to my hair.

"Aish.. stupid," I mumbled, scolding myself.

I stand up. I went in front of the mirror and fixed myself then I pace to the bathroom, standing in the front of the door.

The bathroom door opens.

Her eyes widened after seeing me. Our eyes meet and I give her a smile.

'You said, you don't want to see my upset face when I wake up so here I am granting your wish.'

"I'm hungry. Let's go out?" I offer my hand.

'Of course. Holding hands is necessary.'

She didn't respond immediately and just look at my hand.

'Come on Chaeng, take it!'

She takes my hand.

'Yes!'