A Christmas to Remember

Start from the beginning

"Honestly",my Dad said,"are you boys STILL fighting?"

"Yes we are",Sozenn said.

"And we will continue to do so for the foreseeable future",I replied.

"Should we tell him?",Sozenn asked shifting his eyes back to his mate, whose face had lit up.

Cora had a rare pigmentation for her breed. Instead of the normal Woodland green and grey, she was mostly grey with icy blue eyes. She was especially quiet and shy, not so much from fear as it was just from having a quiet nature. Other than that she and Sozenn were clones of one another.

"Tell me what fool?",I asked puffing smoke in his face.

"That our eggs hatched fool",Sozenn replied puffing smoke back at me.

I felt a smile cover my muzzle.

"Your a father!?",I asked.

"Yep!",Sozenn stated proudly,"two boys."

I pulled my friend into a hug.

"Well done brother!",I said congratulating him.

"You too Cora",Adelind stated.

Cora blushed.

"Well come on!",I demanded,"let's see them!"

Sozenn lifted his back leg, revealing two little dragons with yellow eyes who were colored like Cora. They each had the making of four small horns and spikes going down their backs. They were so small they were having trouble crawling around in the grass. I lowered myself down to their level so as not to frigthen them. They seemed hesitant to approach me.

"Go on",Sozenn said,"he won't hurt you."

Encouraged by their father, the little dragons began to approach me, both with looks of fear in their eyes. The smallest of the two put both his front paws on my snout and tried to climb up. Tiring himself out and falling asleep before he could. I picked him up by his tail and placed him in between my paws. He quickly curled up and fell back to sleep.

"Remember when Ace was this small?",I asked turning to my mate.

"And we could never get him to stay awake for more than ten minutes at a time?",Adelind asked nuzzling me,"like it was yesterday."

My father laughed,"seems like yesterday that you were that small son."

"He was never that small",my Mom replied.

"Can we just go in?",Cora asked,"my wings are starting to freeze.

Sozenn laughed,"your such an ice cube."

Cora thumped his snout,"your full of it."

As my friends walked into the den, I kept my Dad back.

"Hey Dad?",I asked,"can I talk to you seriously for a second."

Dad put a wing around me and pulled me close to him,"what's on your mind son?"

"Last night I had a dream",I said,"a dream that I was a human, in their military."

"Sure your not just recalling your fist deployment?", Dad asked.

"Positive", I said, "I was a human Dad."

Dad look surprised, but replied quickly,"it was probably just a freak incident, I wouldn't worry about it."

I smiled and Dad returned it.

"Your den's about to fall apart, let's go restore some order huh?"

Dad and I walked into the den, where a hurricane of chaos awaited. Ace and Dusk were sparring with Ace dressed in his armor, Helix was still playing with her doll, as if oblivious to it all, Adelind and the other females were talking and Fireclaw looked as if he were trying to convince Sozenn to spar with him. IT was certainly chaos, and it was just the way I liked it. Most of the day was spent playing games such as sharpshooting and racing, swimming, telling stories and just enjoying each other's company. At the end of the day, Sozenn called me out.

"Tyro",he said,"let's go, right now."

"Really?",I asked,"do I gotta beat you up twice in one week? Very well." I took a stance,"your move!"

Sozenn snorted a cloud of smoke and then charged me. I met his charge with a headbutt that forced his neck up into the air. I quickly sized my chance and lept at his neck, but he responded by bringing both his paws down on my head, forcing me to back off. He charged me again and with a siwpe of my thick tail I knocked him off his paws and pinned him.

"Got ya",I declared,"I win."

"Are you kidding?",Sozenn asked,"your tail did all the work."

Once the chaos was over and goodbyes exchanged, we returned to our dens. Adelind and I put the kids in bed and then lay with each other around the fire.

"Wow",Adelind said softly," that was certainly a Christmas to remember."

"It was certainly something",I replied licking her across her snout,"I certainly wont forget it."

I felt a smile cover my muzzle. "So when do we tell Helix she's going to be a big sister?"

Adelind and I had found out we had another cub coming sometime ago. The kids hadn't noticed yet, but Adelind had been getting just a little bigger everyday with the cub growing inside of her.

"Do we even tell them?",I asked.

"I say we let them figure thing's out on their own",Adelind replied,"I've already told Sozenn and Fireclaw as well as our parents."

"Do we even have names yet?",I asked.

"How about Kayel?",Adelind asked,"Im not sure why, but I know this one's a female."

I smiled at the idea of having another daughter,"Kayel's a great name."

Adelind and I twined our tails together.

"I love you",I said.

"I love you too",Adelind replied.

I slowly drifted off as a deep sleep overtook me.