"Yeah, But you and I both also know that they're free to roam both the inside of the castle and the outside whenever they please. So maybe one's in there right now listening to us bickering."

"If that's true then let's fricking go!" The other hissed, footsteps ringing out right after, walking away.

"Alright Alright! Wait for me!" The other called before also running off.

Killer let out a loud sigh of relief, slumping against the wall. That was way to close for comfort. He swallowed harshly, slipping out of the room and glancing around. There was no sign of the two people he assumed were servants.

But now with that extra knowledge that those wretched dogs could be roaming the castle all night, he proceeded with even more caution than before.

He tiptoed down the corridors, glaring at all the hung up paintings to see if he could recognise any of them. "I refuse to be lost." He growled, turning down a random corner before pausing.

That painting... He looked up at it, a spike of hope jumping in his soul. He sped up, a grin forming on his face as he passed a familiar wooden table with an ornate vase on it. He knew where he was.

He started running, not even caring about the loud sound that his trainers hitting the floor made. He skidded around another corner, his face lighting up as he saw the familiar dark steps that lead down to the dungeon. "Found it!"

He went down the stairs quickly, pushing the large double doors wide open and striding into the dungeon layout.

Immediately from his cell, Dream's head jerked up, his face immediately deflating in relief. "Killer! What on earth took you so long?! Do you have any idea how worried I've been?!"

The taller rusher over, immediately heaving the heavy door open before pulling Dream into a tight hug. "I'm so so sorry, I tried to get back as soon as I could, but I got lost."

Dream buried his face into his chest, hugging him as tight as possible. "I-I thought you'd been caught, o-or died, or l-left me for dead!" He shook, digging his face into his hoodie.

"Oh Dream you should know I'd never do the last one..." He muttered, rubbing the top of his skull.

He sniffed, nodding weakly. "W-Well did you find my soul?"

Killer winced, shaking his head. "No...I'm sorry."

"It's okay..." He mumbled.

"But I did see something else." He said, suddenly remembering how hat he saw Nightmare doing with his mortal.

Dream frowned, looking up at him. "What was that?"

"It was Nightmare and the mortal..." He muttered, cupping his cheek with a hand.

"What did they do...?"

"Kissed."

Dream froze, and despite being a skeleton, his face paled. "A-Are you serious? You're not making this up?"

"No."

Dream looked away, pushing himself from Killer's chest and clenching his hands into fists. "That ignorant prick, he should know what he's getting himself into."

Killer gave him a quick glance of confusion but shook his head. "Subject change Dream, I know that sounds pretty uh, serious. But we need to worry about how we're going to get out of here and find your soul."

"I can help you with that."

The two whipped around, looking out of the barred cell to see a figure stood outside, a lit candle held in their hand. It's flame flickered, illuminating their face and showing their mismatched pupils.

It was the mortal.

————————————————————————

B e t r a y a l ?

HmmmMmMmMmMmMmMM

Oh and fun fact almost every Crossmare scene in this book was written in advance by like a few weeks cuz sjxhusjsjsuduwjdu I'm always in a Crossmare mood, not so much a Kréme mood tbh

AnD iM sTaRtInG tO rUn OuT oF pLoTlInE-–

Well not really

But uh, m a y b e

I just haven't decided on the ending yet :P

Oh well byeeee

1,712 words

-Jess-