"Better...~?" He mumbled, already having his eye closed again as he made himself comfy.

Cross huffed, shaking slightly as he calmed himself and rid his face of the dark blush staining his cheek bones. "S-So...you'd forgive me for anything...?"

"Yeah..." He murmured, limp on the bed. "Anything..."

Cross smiled weakly, shifting away from him and gently swinging his legs off of the bed. Letting his bare toes sink into the carpet, he stood. "That's good to know..."

He sighed, reaching up around his neck to pull his locket off, gently wrapping the golden chain around the heart before placing it Nightmare's hands. "Then I hope you can forgive me for this..."

———————

Killer was lost. He'd somehow managed to take a wrong turn in his journey to get back to Dream and now he had absolutely no idea where he was.

Cursing every profanity he knew, Killer slipped around another corner at the end of a corridor. Holding his breath, he looked left and right, forwards and backwards until he was sure no one was walking down ready to grab him out of the blue. Or out of the black to be more fitting.

"C'mon Killer, don't you dare let Dream down and fail over such a stupid thing." He muttered to himself, clenching his hands into fists and sneaking down the corridor as quick as he dared.

His mind wandered, imagining Dream sat down anxiously in their cell, all alone and scared as he waited for him to come back. It had definitely been over two hours now, and the poor God was probably feeling sick with worry. The thought made his soul clench with guilt, wondering if Dream was okay. He prayed that the smaller didn't try to come out and look for him. With that scratched up leg of his, that would only result in him being caught and then god knows what. They'd probably feed him to that demon down in dungeon with them. He felt sick at the thought.

"Stay patient Dream...I'm coming..." He mumbled, ignoring the steadily increasing pain building up in his skull from his multiple wounds up there.

Suddenly a clatter rang out, and Killer immediately flung himself into the closest open doorway, tripping over his feet several times before he managed to press himself against the wall and hold his breath.

A few voices rang out and he panicked, realising they were both heading his way. He couldn't hear anything more than a low mutter, but they were definitely growing louder and clearer.

The skeleton clenched his eyes shut, tensing as whoever was out there passed by the room he was hiding in.

"Hey, was that door always open...?"

Immediately Killer's whole body went rigid with tension, stiffening in an instant. He bit his lip tightly, his fingertips pressed against the cool wallpapered wall. He frowned, holding back the horrible urge to cough.

"Uh, I don't know. Wanna check if there's a ghost or murderer lurking in there?" The other voice asked with a teasing manner.

"Don't say that! You have no clue what could be in there!"

"Maybe it's one of Lord Nightmare's dogs? They'll rip you apart in seconds..."

"Shut up! You and I both know that the dogs sleep in their own room on the far end of the castle!"