The Notorious Loner

Start from the beginning

" I am serious. I won't let them hurt you again. I promise. Just please come down." I started to believed him. I turned towards him, slowly looking up to see his face. There's this  genuine look on his face that made me feel protected. Somehow I started thinking of his offer. What advantages it could give me. What changes can happen in my life with him watching my back.

If he would protect me in school, then I won't have to deal  with bullies. I won't have to fit in. I just need to walk the hallways with them knowing that he got my back. After all, everyone are afraid of him. No one will cross him. It's not what I have planned in mind  but it's good enough. I am still ME and I don't have to change a thing about myself. 

I stopped crying and wiped my tears with my arms. I slowly bent down and when I was about to hop down, I suddenly tripped from the rough cement on the railing. "Ahhh!!" I shouted, but before I could fall down, he grabbed my waist and carried me down. As soon as I got back on the ground, his face turned burning red.

"What are you thinking?! Are you just gonna end your life because of some kids at school who likes to make fun of you? Are you that shallow?" He got really mad. I could see smoke coming out from his nose. He clearly doesn't understand what I am going through. And what he said made me furious. 

"You don't know what I've been through! You have no right to judge me!" I yelled at him, growing more tension between us. I am not shallow! I have great reasons why I wantwd to do it.

"But that is not enough reason to do that! What are you thinking?!" His voice grew louder. I was speechless on how worried he was. He is acting like my boyfriend and we're in a huge fight over something stupid. Yes, I've never had any boyfriends before. It's in my parents rule book, "You can never have a romantic relationship with an oppsite sex until you graduate High School with an acceptable GPA." It's never a problem to me. No one has shown any interest anyway. 

"You clearly don't know me. And you don't have a say on how I would live my life." I looked at him straight. That looked you give to someone you're disappointed to. He stopped after that. There's an awekward silence between us for a minute.

I didn't want to argue with him anymore. A lot of pain has already caused me for one day. I don't want to add anymore negativity. So I walked the opposite side to the park. I tried not to make eye contact, I was a little bit blushing, maybe of anger. But somehow, no matter how offensive he was, I still couldn't ignore the fact that he saved my life, and he's dedicated to protect me. I stopped and turned back "Thanks.." I half smiled. " And...you are serious about protecting me, right?" I just needed to ask that question. I had to make sure.

"I don't break promises." I was relieved. Somehow that reply cooled down the tension. He walked towards me and took off his black leather jacket. He must've seen me shaking the whole time. It is the first month of fall and it gets really cold. I wasn't able to bring my jacket with me because running by the bridge and ending my life is not what I have planned today. I planned to have an amazing day with people kneeling down before me apologizing for their unacceptable behavior. But this happened. I realized that my dress had a long tear on the backside of it, and part of my bra is showing out. I suddenly felt shy and embarrased. I mean I was facing the opposite direction the whole time, when he was persuading me not to commit suicide. He must've seen part of my underwear too. Oh, dear. It was freakin' saying "I know you want in." on the upper back. DAMMNIT! It was on sale.

"Here take this, it is cold out here." He placed the jacket on my shoulder. I felt warmer and cozy. I stopped thinking of the rip on my dress. It doesn't matter. He did not seem to notice anyway. He might be too commited to stop me from killing myself that he didn't notice the color of my bra or the lettering on my panties.  Anyway, he smells really refreshing. 

"See you in school tomorrow." He winked and ran to the Academy. Contrary to his reputation, it is a suprise that he's one of the top students. He is serious with his studies. He is dedicated and smart. But sometimes I wonder how much baggage he carry for being an offspring of a really wealthy line of family. I think being a successful businessman has already been written down as his fate. It must the sole reason why the academy can't let him go. He must be a really important person. I don't know his family though. He is very reserved and mysterious. 

I still needed some air so I continued walking towards the park. I can already feel my burden slowly drifting away as I walk closer to the entrance. As the bridge ended, I saw a wooden sign saying "Welcome to  Ravenwood Park". It is written in a very classy swirly font. I smiled and walked pass the sign, leading me to the start of a long trail in this beautiful park. The different kind of plants and flowers welcomed me as I walked. I also see some squirrel running from one bench to another. I think they are running to the forest where all of the small animals are.  I see a lot of birds flying in the blue sky. The cold breeze brushing my face doesn't bother me at all. The smell of nature makes me forget my horrible life. It's only me and this beautiful place. No one will ever torment me here. This is my playground whenever I feel pain. This is my heaven.

I walked to the bench on the right side of the trail. There's a number of benches on each side of the aisle. There are different kind of flowers everywhere. I look down and I see a few dandelions standing on the grass. I grabbed one and blew it, the seeds flew away and I feel stronger than ever. As the seeds slowly drifted away with the wind, so as the pain from today. The forest which the trail will lead looks amazing from this sight. I can see a garden of roses a across the trail, just a few feet away from the bench infront of me. I looked at the scene at the back and a whole group of sunflowers in rectangular shape are aligned with each other and so as the tulips just inches beside it. It's  a fiesta of flowers here! I see Purple Bellflowers on each side of the benches. I sight a small group of cherry blossom just before the forest would start to dominate the area. This makes me happy. I would choose to build a home here and forget everyone out there. Like that would happen anytime soon.

I rested my head on the bench and looked at the sky for a little while. I can still see the birds flying in group. Birds are lucky. They always fly with each other. The feeling of having a whole group with you is amazing. You are protected and secured. No one can hurt you. You always have someone that you can rely on. You are at peace. 

After awhile of looking, my eyes started to tire up. I closed my eyes for it to rest just for a little while.

Snoring...more snoring...

I snapped when I felt a feather coming into my nose. I hastily looked side to side to see who it was. But no one was there. When I convinced myself that it was only a sensation from my dream, I stood up and fixed myself before walking out from the park. 

I felt someone prodded my shoulder. I looked back and I saw a unfamiliar face. He's wearing a plaid red hoodie and a plane shirt inside. He looks too simple to be a  a student in the academy. But who knows he might be just like me.

"I'm sorry. You were snoring too much I just needed to do that."  He smirked and winked at me.