The Notorious Loner

This is a draft. I haven't edited it, so sorry for the mistakes. hihi.

------------------------------

"What the fuck are you doing?" I heard a deep husky voice from behind. I turned around and looked who it was. To my surprise, it was Nathaniel Rivers. He's the notorious bad boy in school and a loner. He always get into fights with other students, and he always win. I usually see his opponents with bruises and serious injuries but I only see little scratches and marks on him. I wonder why he doesn't get expelled? And he always gets away with it. The Academy is a really strict institution, and no matter how rich you are, they don't tolerate scandals that might bring the school down. There's already been a number of students that got kicked out because of violent behavior. I guess he's an extremely rich kid from a family with wide connections. 

People are basically scared of him. But somehow with that bad image, I can still see something good in him. He's one of the few people who doesn't engage in bullying. Even though we're not in speaking terms, he has never bullied me, not even once.

"Uhhmm, I am trying to end my miserable existence. I'll give you 10 seconds to walk pass me like you saw nothing." I tried to negotiate with him but he responded with a big loud laugh. Gosh, I've never heard this guy laugh before. He never smile at school. Does he think I'm crazy? I tried to make baby steps closer to the edge for  him to understand that I'm not joking.

Once he knew what I was doing, he stopped laughing and came closer to me. "Hey, stop that. Get down here before you hurt yourself, you dumbass. " He commanded, reaching his hand for me.

"No! Can't you understand? I don't want to live anymore!" I started weeping "It hurts to see all of those people treat me like dirt. I am tired! Maybe if I disappear, everything will get better. It would not hurt anymore" I uttered wimpering and sobbing the words. I tried not to face him so I looked down on the lake. I felt my heart palpitated. I felt tingling sensations across my body. I am extremely afraid of heights, and right now I am hanging at the edge of this bridge, 50 feet high from here. I can't swim. I'll definitley die of drowning if I push through this. And I will. I am DAMN serious.

"Of course it would not hurt, stupid. You'll be dead! Uhhgg, please stop this nonsense!" He shouted. I could feel his genuine concern for me. He really wants me to stop. But I am done. They've already cut the last string. 

" Sorry, but I am sure of this. I need to escape this miserable life. Maybe after this, I'll have a better life in a different universe. Whatever it is after I die." I reasoned out. I needed him to stop. I needed him to understand why I am doing this. "Please go, I am pushing through this. I won't mind if you're still here when I do it." I closed my eyes and I am ready to go. But he interrupted again. Man, he is persistent!       

" Stop! Just take my hand. I promise you, no one will ever hurt you again. Just stop this and you will have me as your shadow. I will protect you from them. From this day on, no one will ever bully you again. People will respect you. This very day will be last one that you'll ever cry because of them. I promise that." The offer was tempting but I don't think he'll do it. No one has ever stood by me and I don't think he'll be the first one. He just needed to say that because of the intense situation his in. I bet after this day he won't even remember his offer and I'll still be living a miserable life.

" Huuh!" I scoffed. " Do you think I'll stop this because of what you said? You don't know how hard I tried to fit in. You don't know the pain I feel everytime they pull a new prank on me every single day. I can't live with that. So please, respect my decision. This is my life!" I exclaimed crying. But it didn't stop him. He got even more persistent, he stepped even closer and held my hand from behind. His hand feels warm. I started to feel better. That single touch made me feel like everything will be okay.