Chapter 31

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

What the? How does she know about him? I’m more than sure that I didn’t tell her. I wonder if her Derek and Em are the same ones that I know. I run towards the door and open it. By the time I stick my head out, the elevator doors are closing. She smiles and waves at me. I get back inside and call Jack. “Hey Charlie.” He sounds happy. “Hey. I might have a problem. Zoey showed me a pick of her boyfriend and he looks just like Derek. Even has the same name and a sister named Emera. They seriously look just like my Em and Derek. Then as Zoey was walking out the door, she turned and said, ‘I’m sorry to hear about your granddad. I’m sure he’s okay.’ What the fudge? How would she know that unless it really is the same Derek and Em I know?”

He didn’t say anything. “Jack? Could they be involved? If so, then why?” I’m still waiting for him to say something. Instead of just standing around, I start packing my things. As usual, my computer is last to be packed, but before I do, I buy my ticket. I was able to get one that goes from Oklahoma City to London. I can just get a taxi from London to Cardiff, after I stop by Em and Derek’s. Jack finally says something. “I told you there was a reason why you never heard from your family. You’re grandfather never trusted them. The only one he trusted was your dad.” I use the printer that the hotel loaned to me to print out my ticket and receipt.

“Jack. I just bought my ticket. It’s going to London. I’ll see you tomorrow…and you’re right. I should’ve never have come here.” He sighed. “Please be safe. Let me know before your plane leaves. I’ll be in London to pick you up.” I sighed as I packed up everything. “I will. Also, I left my car at the airport there. Could you get it and take it back home please. I left you the spare key in your desk. Love you and see you soon.” I could hear him mumble something to someone. Then he says to me, “Alright. See you soon and love you too.” I hang up and head out.

It doesn’t take me long to check out. I made sure to tell the desk clerk that I left the printer on the table in my room. Once all of that was done, I headed out to the parking lot, got loaded up and left. I got half way to the airport, when I had a paranoid feeling that I was being followed. Not sure if I really am or not, but I don’t like the feeling. I try to ignore it.

It doesn’t go away. Since I’ve been here, Zoey has showed me around. I kinda know my way around, so I decide to take some detours. If someone really is following me, I hope I can lose them. I decide to stop at the mall. I parked in a parking spot and waited a few minutes. Ten minutes go by, I think I’ve waited long enough. I leave and make mental notes of all the cars I see behind me. If anyone of them is the one following me, I’ll know. I get back on the interstate and head to the airport.

I don’t have that feeling anymore. Maybe I did lose whoever was following me. I get to the airport and park the car in the area when I first got it. I park, get out and get my stuff. I get inside and walk over to the car rental. I return the keys, get everything paid for and taken care of. Once that’s done, I leave and check in my bag. Then I head to my gate and wait. Ten minutes later, I hear a woman on the intercom announcing that my flight is now boarding. Good. I’m more than ready to get home. I miss Jack, my friends, and my bed.