10 Years

When Louis is ten, he's playing in a football competition with his little league team. Zayn, Trisha, and Jay are in the stands cheering him on.

Louis is dribbling the ball, running through the other team, concentrates only on the ball moving between his feet. He’s so focused on what he’s doing, he doesn’t see the big boy from the other team coming straight at him.

Louis hits the ground, hard, and screams immediately. His leg feels like it’s been snapped in two and Louis can’t breathe. He’s sees Zayn’s familiar black hair, but before he can see his pretty tan face, Louis blacks out from the pain.

XXX

“Zayn, you have to go back home, you have school tomorrow,” Louis tells Zayn, though he doesn’t want him to leave either.

Zayn shakes his head defiantly, gripping Louis hand tight. “I’ll miss tomorrow like you. I know you don’t like hospitals and I don’t wanna leave you here. Plus, you’ll need my help since your leg is broken,” Zayn explains, but everyone in the room knows it’s just an excuse not to leave Louis.

“Zayn,” Jay tries, touching his arm softly, “Louis will be fine. I’m here, I’ll help him with anything he needs. And I’ll pick you up from school tomorrow so you can come and help when Louis is released, yeah?” Jay is smiling patiently, knowing she has to be careful or Zayn won’t leave Louis side.

Zayn shakes his head stubbornly, lying down on the side of Louis. “It won’t hurt me to miss one day. I’m staying here with Lou,” he says adamantly.

Trisha sighs, shaking her head. “Jay, can we talk in the hall really quick,” she asks, opening the door and following her best friend out.

“You’re gonna be behind, Zee,” Louis says when the door closes. “I know how much you hate being absent, it’s fine.”

Zayn shakes his head again, yawning and snuggling into Louis’ side. “I don’t care. You’re hurt, and you don’t like hospitals, so I’m gonna stay here with you tonight. I’ll make up and work I miss,” he mumbles sleepily.

Louis smiles, hugging Zayn and yawning after him. “Okay, thank you. I love you, Zee,” Louis says, closing his eyes when he doesn’t get a reply.

When Trisha and Jay walk back in to tell Zayn he can stay for the night, they find the boys sleep, tangled in each others arms and smile. They kiss both of their heads and Trisha leaves for the night, while Jay sits in a chair and goes to her favorite online shopping site.

XXX

Louis has to keep the cast on for six weeks, and Zayn is basically glued to his side the whole time. Even when Zayn catches a cold from someone at school, he refuses to rest unless Louis is taken care of.

“You’re sick, Zayn, you should be home resting,” Jay scolds when she comes home from grocery shopping and finds Zayn in the kitchen making soup for himself and a sandwich for Louis.

Zayn shrugs, not paying attention as he writes Louis name with mustard as best as he can. “I don’t care. He was hungry, so I came to make him a sandwich. I’m gonna go watch tv with him and rest then, it’s okay,” he assures, smiling sweetly at Jay as he leaves the kitchen with their food in his arms. Jay can only smile and shake her head, amused at Zayn as he walks away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: lmao, i suck so much. but yo, i updated so yay! bye bbys