Chapter 36

"Hey, man," Sweet Pea says as we all duck hiding just through the door to the comic shop. Jug considered me going with Sweet Pea but the chance that he would recognize me was too much of a chance. So Sweet Pea was the obvious choice for the job. We trust him the most.

"Can I help you?" The guy behind the counter asks. Slightly nasty in his tone. I scoff. The loud shitty rock music kept my nerves steadily rising through the roof.

"Yeah," Sweet Pea says nervously, "Do you, uh, do you think I could get a little game enhancement?" The guys pulls up a comic and slaps it onto the counter. I move forward slightly and Jug yanks me back. To be fair what did I think I could do? Run over there and attack him without proof. My body is acting without my mind. Sweet Pea looks down at the comic slightly confused.

"That's a limited edition 50 bucks," The guy behind the counter says as Sweet Pea opens the comic to reveal a fizzle rock package. As Sweet Pea stares at the comic the guy watches him carefully. "Everything good?"

"Not for you," Sweet Pea says. The words triggers the rest of us to storm the shop at once. Once over we see Sweet Pea pinning the guy down against the table as the greasy nerd shifts and yanks fiercely to get away.

"Shut the fuck up," I say as I move towards them, "you get out of his grasp and you get into mine. I'm not as nice." Jug moves past the group to the front.

"Hey, there

"Hey, there. Remember me?" Jug asks getting into the guys face. His eyes widen as he seeks to remember Jug and I. "Last time she and I were here with the Red Paladin. And that day I was in a good mood. She was in a very good mood. But today-" he says pulling out the switch blade to push it towards the greasy little nerd. "I'm in a bad mood. But you can help me with that by telling me where all these drugs are coming from." He hesitates and I move past Jug to the guy.

"Listen here I'm not in the mood to play your reindeer games so start talking," I say almost in a growl as I take a fist full of his shirt yanking him towards me. "Now!"

"The Gargoyles are dealing again," he says finally. I chuckle at the real lack of information here. Hell we knew that already.

"Where are they selling from?" Jug demands, "We've been to all the hotspots."

"No, it's old school. Street corners," The guy says nervously, "But you can tell by the gargoyles on wires." Jug motions for Sweet Pea to let him up. The man stands tensely looking across the mess of gang members in front of him.