Chapter Eleven: Ego Much?

"Genesis... Genesis... GENESIS! WAKE UP!!!", Roi shouted loudly in my ears. I woke up all surprised after experiencing what I just went through. I couldn't tell if it was real or not. Was it a dream I had? Or was it actually real? As I looked around, everyone was staring at me. "What?...", I asked. "Well, you fell unconscious after the bite. But don't worry, child. You're safe now.", Calliope told me as I saw Matt coming up to me with a tiny bottle. "Here, take this. This will help reduce the pain.", Matt said as he feed me some weird disgusting liquid. I gagged as the nasty thing went down my throat; it tasted like pure urine mixed with Capri-Sun. But afterwards, I was feeling better. Except my right arm and shoulder was still numb. Joey then tells us all that we need to head to Fat Man's Slims now, so everyone headed to the door and left. But before I could leave as well, I had to stop Joey for a second. "Joey, wait!", I said while placing my hand on his shoulder. "What is it?", he asked me. I didn't know whether if I should tell him that I saw the Carnival Master. Would he believe me? I couldn't think about telling him or not, so I just let it go. "Never mind... I was just going to ask about what happened to me afterwards.", I lied to him. I hated doing something like this to him. But do I even dare to let him think of me as crazy or something? "Well, I brought you back to the lounge myself. Just leaving you there unconscious, was not going to happen. No need to thank me.", Joey said as I blushed a bit. I gave him a smile and followed him out the door. Still trying to forget about what I was going to tell him.

My Confession: I can't tell Joey about the Carnival Master. Even if I do, he probably would think of me as crazy or something. *Sigh* Best that I keep this to myself, for now.

At Fat Man's Slims

Joey told everyone to get inside quickly, and so we did. Safiya went up the stairs to give the password, and I hear a man coming down. "Each of yous take a card.", he told us as the back door opened up. We all then see two very handsome gentlemen coming in with something in their hands.

My Confession: Okay, I might still be in pain a bit, but DAMN!

As they set the object on the table, we all see what's under the blanket: Jenga. The man then comes up to us all and explains what this whole thing is about. "It's time to play the serpents game. Where the ante is your life. Inside this tower, there's a golden brick and it's up to you to find it, and place it on the pedestal right there. You topple over the tower, you go onto the final death challenge. No vote. Flip your cards over. Now that's the order you go in.", the man explained. I checked my card, and it said that I was fourth after Ro.

My Confession: Okay, so this whole thing is just Jenga. Pretty easy, if you ask me. When I was a kid, this game was nothing more but just a piece of cake.

Nikita went first, but she shouted at all of us because she was so nervous. And honestly, I didn't blame her. But she was able to get one brick on top. The next person was Teala, and she got the next brick on top. Ro took the next brick, except she was this close to knocking the tower down; that and she made the funniest noise I've ever heard. As she placed the brick on top, it was my turn. And to be honest, I was so nervous.

My Confession: I have to be very careful with this one. One small move, and then I go back into another one of those crazy suicidal challenges.

"You got this, Genesis.", Matt told me as I smiled. It took me ten seconds to make up my mind. But after finding the perfect brick, I pulled it out slowly and placed it on top. I took a breath and was relieved. Joey went after me, then it came to Manny, and then Colleen. Ro spotted that one of the bricks had a dot, and that it must've been the one that we're looking for. Safiya went after Colleen, and the game was still going on. After a couple of turns again, Teala was next to grab a brick. "Just take one, honey.", Colleen told her. "Teala, for the team, I think it's best that you choose one right now because we are literally running out of time and we're all about to die.", Nikita told her. I could tell that this was so much pressure for Teala, but she was able to get the brick. After her, Matt was next. He examined the brick tower and looked for the brick that we needed. "Here's the thing: One of these that actually provides structural integrity could be the one with the gold.", he said while looking at the brick. But as he was trying to concentrate, Roi started talking. "You saved my life though. You saved my life, Matt. I could do this for you.", he said as Matt looked at him. "You are a Daredevil. You could jump across this table and stop me as I do this.", Matt said while trying to get the brick. "How are you literally the Daredevil and you're not gonna take a chance for all of us?", Nikita called out on Roi. I couldn't believe that this was actually getting real now. I looked over at Roi, and he thought of it as a joke. "You want me to do it?", he asked Nikita with a smile. "Roi, stop it!", I told him as he just kept his eyes on Nikita. "I want you to do it! If you are the Daredevil of the group, then prove it!", Nikita told him off again. "All right! Check this out then.", Roi said as we all saw that he was pulling out the golden brick out. We all shouted at him, but the tower came down when he pulled the brick out. And he looked like he didn't care at all. He took the brick and went over to a table to grab a rose inside a vase. "You happy?", Roi teased Nikita as he put the brick in her hand. He then fixed his hair and went over to me. "This is for you. This is for you. That's for you.", he said while giving me the rose. I looked at him surprised after what he just done for himself. Now he has to go into the challenge whether if he wants to or not. "Look for the gold. Where's the whole piece?", Teala said as Safiya showed it to her. Safiya then takes the brick and places it on the pedestal next to the chest. Afterwards, the chest opens. And inside was the serpent's head and a note.

To finish cleaning the artifact, two must be selected by vote and search the innards of a serpent to claim it's heart. Also, one more is to be chosen by the person who was the first one placed into the challenge and help.

My Confession: Welp, here we go again!

Back at the Lounge

Me and the group started talking about who's going to be the person to go into the challenge and compete with Roi. I still couldn't believe that he got himself into this mess. This just wasn't like him at all. "I honestly don't know who to put into the challenge. I don't want to choose again...", I told myself while looking down a bit. But I then felt an arm going around me. Roi pulled me close to him and smiled at me. "Aw, don't worry, Genesis. Everything will be fine. Not just that, but when I survive, we'll both be together again...", he said while getting too close to my face. I could tell that he wanted me to kiss him, but that was the last straw for him. "UGH! That's it! I can't take it anymore! I mostly can't take YOU anymore! I won't be your girlfriend, and I never will be! So just leave me alone!", I shouted while pushing him out of my way. Roi just stood there with a confused face, and this kind of made me feel bad for him.

My Confession: Okay, I know that I was a bit harsh on him. But I know that I had to do something about him and his "giant ego". That, and my arm is still in pain; and I feel so angrier all of a sudden.

"I saw what you did there. And bitch, I honestly don't blame you.", Nikita told me as I looked down a bit again. After having a long talk about who's going into the challenge, it was time to vote. I went after Ro and looked at the cards. After making up my mind, I voted for Colleen. I basically didn't have a reason why I voted for her. It was because I really didn't have a choice to actually pick. As the votes were in, Calliope shuffled the cards and pulled out Nikita's card. I was so surprised when the reaction on her face showed. She literally has to go up against Roi. "Now it comes to the person of your choosing to help you in the challenge.", Calliope told him. Roi looked at all of us and made his decision. "I choose... Genesis!", he said as I went into shock.

My Confession: I knew for a fact that he was going to do this just to get me back. Now I can't get myself out of this. I have no choice, but to help him against Nikita.

As I hugged all of my friends, I started walking out the door. I even saw Nikita's face, and she looked afraid. "You and her called me out! Now, you two are here with me. Especially you, oh!", Roi whispered in my ear. I thought that he was a good friend to me, but now I'm having second thoughts about our friendship here.