Besties or more?

Chase's POV.

"Don't worry mom, I'll be fine." I say opening the front door.

"Are you sure sweetheart? We'll be gone for a whole month." My moms says counting her bags.

"I'm old enough to take care of myself, enjoy yourself okay." I smile.

She nods at me, wheeling her suitcases to her car.

"Bye Chase, I'll see you."

Her car roles out of the driveway and down the road. Finally! Nobody here to tell what to do.

I ran into the kitchen and got a bunch of snacks the  back into the living room. I took the remote and put on Rick and Morty.

•••

A few hours later.

I woke up from the sound of loud banging on the window.

"The fuck." I say to myself, walking toward the door.

I open the door to see y/n standing there with tears streaming down her face.

"Chase." She says beginning to cry.

"Woah, what's the matter?" I ask.

She wipes the tears off her face, shoving past me.

"Y/n, are you okay? You've been crying and it's like 3 am. Don't act like it's nothing."

"Ugh, don't remind my life is pretty fucked up." She laughs with tears falling down her face.

"What happened?" I question.

"You're really cute Chase." She smiles.

I follow her into the living room, watching her trip up on her feet. Why's she so cute?

"Oop, I got be careful." She laughs again.

She takes off her shoes, then sits down.

"Why are boys so shitty, Chase? Except you, obviously."

I sat awkwardly unable don't answer her question, "I don't know, what happened?"

"Basically, Y/e/n was cheating on me, then when I asked him about it he lied." She says, with her voice cracking at every word.

I see she's about to cry so I quickly embrace her, "it's okay. I never liked him anyway, something was off about him."

"Chase you're my best friend, if you didn't like him why didn't you tell me?"

"I've never seen you so happy with someone and I didn't wanna ruin it."

She tightly hugs me, resting her head on my shoulder, "you're too sweet, who ever dates you in so lucky."

Y/n POV

Chase faintly smiles at me, pulling away from our hug.

"I'm binging Rick and Morty if you wanna watch." He asks, lifting up the blanket.

I get in beside, picking up various snacks and drinks. While Chase was into the show I got a good glance of his face.

The more I look at him, the more I'm beginning to fall for him. It's wrong because he's my best friend but I can't help. I've wanted to tell him for a while that I liked him but I didn't wanna ruin our friendship.

"If you constantly wanna look at my face just take a picture." Chase says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Why are you like this?" I scoff. "Cocky asshole. I actually hate you so much."

He laughs wrapping his arm around my shoulder. A comfortable silence came between us, nothing awkward just peaceful.

"Chase." I say pausing the tv. "I need to ask you something."

"Fuck." I hear him mutter. "What?" He says soon speaking up.

"Why do you think y/e/n cheated on me? Does my face look weird? I know I can be obnoxious, do you think that's a problem? Am I too short, too tall, too skinny, too fat? Maybe my–,"

"Shut up y/n. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You're smart, kind, funny, extremely pretty, obnoxious. I love those things about you. And if you weren't going out with y/e/n, I would've asked you out."

"W-what?"

"Y/n, I get that we're bestfriends but I've always felt something more. But I couldn't tell you cause I didn't want to ruin our relationship. You can't deny there's a spark between us."

"Chase I-."

"Actually, don't answer. I don't wanna know. Or maybe I do. Fuck! You see the things you do to me."

By now he was pacing up and down the living room, rambling on and on.

"Chase, stop!" I finally yell. "Jesus fucking Christ, you're over thinking shit too much."

I take his hand and lead him to the kitchen, sitting down the on the counter.

"Chase, I've liked you for a while now. You know I'm shy so I wouldn't act on it. But I do like you more than a friend."

"Oh I-."

"Shh." I say placing my finger over his mouth. "Don't over think what I'm about to do, okay?"

I gently grab his face pulling it down to mine his face comes down and hid lips meet mine. His lips are soft, softer that I could have imagined but there is a hard desperation behind them. The kiss speaks. It begs. Be mine.

He finally pulls away looking shocked, "y/n, wow."

Authors Note: I'm back from holiday guys. This chapter took me a while because I got seriously stuck but her we go. Thanks for 20k reads, I'm kind of shocked tbh. But thanks for reading m.