Chapter 38

Christina

Insistent beeping woke Christina. She looked at the nurse taking her blood pressure. She looked familiar but couldn't place where she'd seen her.

"Do I know you?" Christina croaked.

The nurse startled and looked down at her with a bright smile. "Glad to see you are awake. We have had many insistent people waiting for you. Do you want me to send them in? One at a time of course."

"Is Finley here?"

"Finley Wilson? Oh yes, he is here. He's been the most insistent in seeing you."

"Wyvern fan?"

The pretty nurse blushed. "Yes. I have season tickets." Maybe that's where Christina's seen her.

"If he is still here can you send him in?" The nurse nodded and left.

A few seconds later the man in question was at her bedside. "Hello, dove."

"Hello, handsome." Christina started crying.

Finley crawled into the bed next to her. His strong arms wrapped around her. The security she felt in his arms made her relax.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again." She cried.

"Love, I would never have given up finding you."

"You were there."

"Yes. We don't have to talk about this right now. I want to just hold you."

Christina sat up a bit. "I want to talk about it now."

He nodded.

"Why were you there?" She paled. "Did you see the videos?"

"Det. Valient asked for my help. I offered to do anything I had to make sure you were safe and back to me." Finley kissed her hair. "As for the videos, I haven't seen any of them. I don't want to. I think it will only make me do something that I shouldn't."

"You saw what he did to me on the stage." It was a statement not a question.

"Yes. It took every ounce of me not to charge up there and beat him to death. I know this is for the best. He will get what is coming to him."

"I'm going to have to testify aren't I?" Christina sighed.

"I think if you want him put away you will have to do just that."

"What happened to Melanie?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe I can answer that." Det. Valient said from the doorway. "Melanie actually helped us find you. Apparently, she couldn't live with herself anymore."

"That's what she meant." Christina mumbled.

"Huh?" Finley said.

Christina shook her head and looked at Det. Valient. "Please continue, detective."

"Well, she never asked for immunity or anything like that, so they are currently debating on what should happen to her. She did help in your kidnapping."

"I don't think she should be held responsible. She was as much a victim as me."

"That is out of my hands, Ms. Scott. Now, Garrett Reeve is another story. He will be charged with kidnapping, assault and human trafficking. He won't be seeing the outside of a jail anytime soon."

"Will you need me to testify against him?"

Det. Valient sighed. "For the best case to come out of this, I'm sorry to say, but yes. You would be the proverbial nail in the coffin."