A few hands did go back down, but several hands remained up and one was picked by Trocar, "What ways are there to detect potion?" The young student asked. Cache glanced over at Hermione expecting some sort of outburst, but the young witch seemed to be absorbed in her own thoughts and not even listening. He frowned as he noticed that Neville was also lost in thought, but, at least, he knew what that might be about.

Trocar frowned, "I'm actually surprised the tips and tricks have fallen out of favor considering their usefulness. In short, yes. There a three methods you can use to protect yourself from potions. Teaching these methods will involve us crossing into Runes, Charms and Potions. Your other professors may not like that, but defending yourself properly will mean using everything to survive." Trozar said keeping his usual kind, calm tone. Another kid raised a hand, "Yes?"

"Aren't you a useless teacher then since vampires can't use magic? How can you teach us spells?" The brat argued, causing a rush of whispers from flustered students.

Before Trocar, who was hurt by those words, could say anything Cache whistled getting everyone's attention, "Yeah, hi! Remember me? The assistant for this class who's human and can use magic?" Cache chuckled as several students, the brat included, clammed up when they realized that he wasn't just there for show. "Myself and Frank will be helping out, but in all seriousness, we aren't needed. Spells require either an incantation or particular movement or some combination to work, which Trocar knows. Does he really have to display what will happen in order to teach it? I learned just fine just through his descriptions of what will happen."

Feeling a little more at ease, Trocar smiled, "Yes. Now, let's actually begin with a demonstration of a charm. It's a shield charm that is not only a very effective defense against creatures, but is also the precursor to the charm used in potion detection that I mentioned earlier." The vampire's heart went out to the children who were now listening closely no doubt out of fear of running into another Lockhart. "The charm will require a motion at first, but it's the easiest charm to learn how to do fast, without that motion and, believe it or not, without much thought at all. Here's what I mean."

The students barely saw what happened since it all went way too fast. First, they were looking at the professor and then they heard a pop where Cache was standing. To their shock both the werewolf and vampire were next to the assistant, bleeding from the mouths and Cache had a very subtle glow on his skin.

Cache smiled and held up his hand, which was still slightly glowing, "This is the shield charm. It covers your entire body as you can see. I'm using a lot of power so you can see it, but this much is not needed and normally you can't see it."

Trocar nodded as he wiped the blood away his mouth and, of course, glanced at Frank in concern before turning to his students, "Before any of you panic, yes we did attack Cache and as you can see he is fine while we were damaged." Many of the kids looked startled, but the fear gave way to fascination as they saw Cache was fine. "What you saw was an incomplete version of the charm and you simply needed to see that to show you that my fangs can't get through. However, you should never let any creature that poses a threat to even get that close. After all, there's much more danger in just letting anything getting close enough to pick you up and crush you. This is where the other versions of this charm comes in handy for example, one actually repels any threat that's too close or too fast to pin down. Cache, Lyra and Libra will be helping by feeling your magic to see when you have the right flow of magic with the motion, since this isn't an easy charm to see the result of."

Frank chuckled, "Unless we tried biting you all." He said clearly joking, but the students stiffened slightly.

In order to lighten the mood Trocar tried shifting the focus back on Cache, "Ok! Who would like to try first? Cache will just hold you in a way that's comfortable to you or you'll hold Lyra or Libra and they will feel for the shield after you take a minute to practice this motion." Trocar cupped his one hand except for the middle finger and twisted his wrist about 90 degrees before bending his wrist. It seemed quite simple and several students tried it, but Draco was the first to stumble forward. "Would you like to try, Draco?"