[06]: Fresh Air

- Gene's POV -

Okay.

It's pretty clear that I got some shit to sort out.

The way Y/N made me feel yesterday can't have just been a coincidence. I mean, I was so flustered and nervous that there must have been something wrong with me.

But...

As I sat in my bed all morning with my hands behind my head, thinking long and hard about what had gone on, I realised something.

No girl had ever made me feel that way before.

Not even Sasha, when we had that pathetic attempt at dating for whatever stupid reason. Regret.

So, I have to figure out what it means.

Y/N and I could spend the day in her room like yesterday, studying and working on our project. But if we did that, I wouldn't get to see if what's going on between us is just a mistake.

I need to get her out of the house. We need to spend time together outside doing something fun even.

Yes. I have to.

So, with that thought, I roll out of bed and start to get ready.

- Your POV -

*Ding Ding Ding*

The loud alarm sends your body jolting out of bed fast enough to give you whiplash.

You fly across the room to find your phone that was meticulously placed out of reach, so you'd have no way to turn it off without getting yourself out of bed.

It was smart. This way, you'd have much more time in the morning to get ready for your day.

So, taking your time, you start with a long, hot shower. And you wash your hair this time.

Sunday was always your self-care day anyway.

Who was going to ruin that? Certainly not Gene.

No matter how hot he is.

After your shower, you wrap yourself in a towel and stand in front of your bathroom mirror. You hum along to the soft jazz music you had put on in the background, and start your long, somewhat unnecessary skincare routine.

Say what you want, but skincare made you feel good.

Taking time making your skin gooey and soft, wearing sunscreen and putting on minimal makeup, only to highlight your best features. You also put in your favourite hoop earrings.

You brush, blow dry, and style your hair just the way you like it, and have plenty of time to do so.

Once your hair and makeup is done, it is time for an outfit. And after cleaning out your closet and cycling through the endless options, you decide to go with a pair of low-rise, overly baggy jeans. And, a tight white shirt, that again, accentuates your figure.

Feeling very good about yourself, you're naturally smiling as you spend the rest of the hour cleaning your room and making everything smell nice.

You had a fancy perfume that one of your rich aunties had bought you a year ago. Chanel, or something like that. You spray that on your neck and wrists, and are officially ready for the day.