14

-One Month Later-

Cyrus's POV:

"Are you gonna sleep over" I ask Tj when I see his eyes start to droop. He was over at my house and we were watching movies in my room. And it was already 10:15 pm.
I think my parents are asleep, I haven't heard from them since dinner.
I make Tj come over a lot so I could make sure he's eating, I don't think he can survive eating eggs everyday.
"I dunno let me text Amber" he yawns, he reaches over to grab his phone from my night stand then he sends a quick text.
After another minute his phone buzzes and he nods. "Yup, Amber's staying at Andi's tonight"
"They've gotten really close haven't they?" I smile. It was always Andi, Buffy and I. The good hair crew. But recently we've been growing apart. Not in a bad way though, we've just made new friends.
I have Tj, Buffy just recently started talking to Marty again, and Andi has been with Amber and Jonah.
"Yeah, Amber has a crush on her" he so casually tells me. "What!" I sit up so quick I got dizzy. "You didn't know?" He giggles. "Uh no?" My voice squeaks. I immediately felt bad for Amber, things were finally good between Andi and Jonah. I don't think she would even notice Amber's attraction towards her.
"I-I don't think Andi will feel the same way" I tell him. "Oh I know, and Amber's knows too. She said as long as Andi's in her life she's happy" he shrugs. Why didn't Amber tell me? She knows all her secrets are safe with me.

And as if he read my mind, Tj speaks up, "Don't tell her though, she doesn't want anyone to know"
I lay back down next to Tj. He focused back on the movie, so I look at his face to study his features. He was still, his blue eyes staring at the tv screen, the light from it reflecting into his face, his soft lips.
I want to kiss him.
We've been dating for almost a month now and still haven't kissed, Buffy and Andi don't even know about us yet.
While still staring he turns to look at me. I quickly look up to his eyes but I know he saw me looking at his lips.
We stared at each other for what seemed liked an eternity, but was probably just a couple seconds.
Soon this leap of confidence caused me to start to lean in.

We were probably only millimeters apart when I hear the door fly open.
So much for being asleep.

I jump up from fear and land on my butt on the floor. I look over at the door to see my mom standing there.
"H-hey mom" I try to say casually. "What's up"
"Oh I was just wondering if Tj was staying over, if not I can drive him home" she questions. It doesn't seem like she saw what was happening just seconds ago. "Yeah, my sister is staying over at her friends house" Tj tells her. She nods before walking back out shutting the door behind her. My heart is still beating fast.
My parents don't know I'm gay, let alone dating Tj.
I let out a breath once I heard the door close. I get up from the floor and see Tj was also recovering from the fear.
"That's reminds me" I start as I sit back down on the bed. "When are we telling friends about us? I don't want to keep this a secret from them much longer" I tell him honestly. It killed me every time Andi made a comment about Tj liking me. Buffy didn't do it so much but I think she can sense somethings up.
"I'll tell you what" he puts his hand over mine "On our one month, after basketball practice, we'll tell Buffy together." He squeezes my hand. "Deal?" I nod. It was Saturday, our one month would be on Tuesday. I know he was scared of Buffy. He doesn't want to admit it but I know he is.
"What about everyone else?" I ask him. "We can tell them at lunch since Buffy helps at the library on Tuesdays." he shrugs.
"Are you scared?" I look at his eyes, he's facing me but he's not looking at my eyes. He slowly nods. "No one but you and Amber know" his voice starts to get them he slightest bit of shaky. I hold his face which causes him to look at me. I wrap my arms around him and hug him tight. Once we let go I assured him that everything would be okay.
"No ones gonna judge you, don't worry okay?" He nods with glossy eyes this time.

My mom came back a couple minutes later with an extra blanket and pillows.
"Don't stay up too late boys"
"We won't, good night mom" She shuts off the light leaving my small lamp and the tv screen being the only light in the room.
Once I was actually 100% sure my parents were asleep Tj climbed back onto the bed with me, leaning his head on my shoulder.
I play with his hair as we remain in silence, the movie still playing, but I don't think either of us were paying much attention.
"What do you wanna do tomorrow?" He asks me. "I dunno, there's a new movie out. Wanna go see it?" I offer. "What's it about?"
"A kid who turns into a superhero"
"It's a date"