Chapter 16.

Mari's POV

         I step into the bathroom and shut the door behind me before locking it. I peel off all of my clothes, which are sadly splattered with blood and throw them on the floor. My body catches my eye in the mirror and I realize that this is what my true self looks like. I have put on a façade for so long. But this person in the mirror right now is the true me. A girl who is broken and is beginning to drown in the rapidly growing stress she is in...

        I waste no time in stepping into the hot shower and the water instantly begins to run all over my skin. The water may even be considered scalding hot right now but the temperature does not phase me one bit, as I have several other things filling my mind right now. Will's eyes. The way he looked at me is still embedded into my mind. He was crying out for me to help him and I wish I could that very second. Except I have no clue where he is. He looked like he was almost fed up and has lost all hope for getting free.

        Damon got exactly what he wanted-a reaction. I gave it to him. He's using Will to get what he wants from me. He wants to kill me...all of us...and it's terrifying.

         We need to get Will back. I'm constantly reminded of his absence and I feel a pang of guilt in my stomach. I should have stayed there with him. I should be experiencing the amount of pain he is in right now. Not him. I'm making everything worse for him...

         After spending a few more minutes in the shower I finally turn off the water and pull the shower curtain back. Steam quickly fogs up the mirror and I wipe some of it away to catch a good glimpse of my face in the mirror. My eyes are slightly red, my lips are slightly puffy and my damp brown hair is hitting my bare shoulders. But I feel a lot more calmer and tranquil than I did before I stepped foot into the shower. I search around the small room for the clothes that I thought I brought into the bathroom. But I cannot find them. So as a last resort I wrap the nice sized white bath towel tightly around my body before opening the door and quickly walking down the hallway. As soon as I make it into Zayn's bedroom I quickly grab one of his oversized t-shirts and slide on a sports bra and underwear. Reyna was nice enough to offer me some of her clothes for me to wear, which I gratefully accepted from her. The bottom of the white shirt hits the middle of my thighs and I slowly sit down on the bed before sliding underneath the covers. I pull the covers up so that they wrap protectively around my body in an attempt to comfort myself in some type of way. I stare at the plain white ceiling above me and close my eyes before taking slow and deep breaths.

         This day has barely even started yet and now I want it to be over. I want all of this shit to be over. It's becoming too much for me...and knowing that this is just the beginning makes me feel discouraged.

        Suddenly I hear the sound of the door knob turning and I do not even bother opening my eyes to see who the intruder is because I already know who it is. It's Zayn. I don't wanna look into his eyes right now because they are probably filled with remorse and worry. I don't want Zayn to worry about me...b-because I am absolutely fine. And I know that as soon as I look into his eyes, I will begin to bawl my eyes out. The bed slowly dips as he sits on the bed and this is when I take the time to open my eyes to find Zayn studying my body features. I watch as his eyes scan curiously down my face, taking in every inch of my upper body. His eyes find themselves to my lips and he blinks a couple times before shifting uncomfortably on the bed.

         "Are you okay baby?" he says softly, obviously trying not to trigger any sort of reaction out of me.

         "Yes," I mumble.