Epilogue

Finnick opened his eyes, reluctantly. He did not want to. His body didn't want him too. He knew that when he opened them, he would be in a world he didn't want to be in. A world he didn't know. But this was precisely why he had to open his eyes.

The room was dark. He had been laying on a medical table, strapped too it with a buckle. But the buckle wasn't to keep him in, it was to keep him from falling off of the bed.

Finnick sat up, ignoring his pounding headache, and unclasped the buckle that held him in place. He set his feet on the ground and stood. By the hum in the floor and the sway of the room, Finnick knew he was on a hovercraft.

Finnick opened up the door and walked out to see Haymitch and Plutarch talking to each other in hushed tones.

Finnick looked around the console room, trying to think where Autumn would be in the hovercraft.

"Where's Autumn?" Finnick asked the two men, walking closer to them.

The second it left his mouth, Finnick knew that the answer to that question was not one he wanted. Haymitch stood a little taller while Plutarch glanced at him, nervously.

"Where is Autumn?" Finnick spoke louder, his hands balling into fists by his sides.

"You may want to sit down," Haymitch rubbed his eyes.

"I don't want to sit down!" Finnick yelled. "I want to know where Autumn is!"

"She's in the Capital," Plutarch blurted straight out. Finnick's demeanor shifted, changing from pure anger to an emotion of sorrow mixed with fear.

"She's-she's where?" Finnick asked. He couldn't believe it.

"She's in the Capital, Finnick," Haymitch repeated what Plutarch said. "After the forcefield blew, we got you, Katniss, and Beetee out. We wanted to go back for her and the rest, but we couldn't. She's being held captive in the Capital along with Peeta and Johanna."

Finnick stumbled, his world crashing down right before his eyes. He fell to his hands and knees on the metal floor of the hovercraft, unable to stand any longer.

Finnick rolled onto his side and laid down on the floor, silent tears sleeping through his closed eyes.

The love of his life was a prisoner in the Capital. Finnick knew Autumn would be tortured and he couldn't stand the thought. She may even be killed.

The most important thing in Finnick's life had been ripped away from him. The light, the hope, the love in his life had all been taken from him. He was numb without her. Nothing but an empty shell of a human being.

Finnick could no longer hold back his sobs as he opened his mouth and wailed.