Chapter 4

*Jay’s POV*

I step out of the shower and grab the towel off of the floor, I quickly towel dried my hair and wrapped it around my waist. I went back into Lottie’s room, it was empty; she was still in the shower I figured. I began sing Heart Vacancy to myself but I turn around to get dressed but my clothes were gone, they weren’t where Lottie put them last night. I walk out into the hall way. ‘Charlotte?’ I say out aloud. ‘Yeah?’ she calls from down stairs. ‘Where are my clothes?’ I ask. ‘Um, I’ll be one second’ she shouts up. ‘Okay’ I call back. I was confused. However I went back into the bedroom and continued singing as I sat on the edge of her bed. ‘You’re really good’ she says, appearing in the door way. ‘Thanks’ I blush. ‘Here, your clothes’ she hands them to me. ‘They smell clean’ I look at her funny. ‘My mum must have put them in the wash this morning before we were awake. They were in the dryer’ she shrugs. ‘Oh, well tell her I said thank you when you next see her’ I mutter. She still had her towel wrapped around her. ‘I’ll just get my clothes and hair dryer and I’ll let you get ready’ she says awkwardly. ‘No, I’ll go get ready in the bathroom’ I offer, getting up off the bed. She nods. I went into the bathroom to get ready and after making sure she was decent I went back into the bedroom. ‘Here’ I say taking the brush from her hand. ‘I was using that!’ she laughs. ‘I want to brush your hair’ I chuckle. ‘Oh’ I gently brush through her hair; making sure it was no longer tangled. She grabs the hair dryer and starts drying her hair as I just watch her from the bed. It took her about 15 minutes until it was entirely dry. ‘Wanna do yours?’ she winks. ‘Sure’ I laugh. She comes over and starts drying my hair. She’s wearing a plain white cotton 3 quarter sleeved crop top and some high waist dark blue jeans. ‘You look nice’ I say but she doesn’t hear me over the hair dryer. She turns it off ‘There done’ she says running her hand through my curls. ‘I need a hair cut’ I say. ‘I don’t think you do’ she says as I look up at her. ’Why not?’ I ask. ‘You suit it like this. I like it’ she says, looking straight at me. I stand up. ‘You’re small’ I chuckle. ‘I’m not! You’re just tall’ she pushes me. ‘I guess so’ I say. ‘Lottie.. How old are you?’ I ask. ‘I’m 19 nearly 20 why?’ she asks. ‘I was just wondering’ I mutter. ‘what have you got planned for today then?’ she asks. ‘Well I was thinking we could go back to the house so I can get changed and then after that we just do whatever we want to’ I smile. ‘Sure, let me get my bag ready’ she smiles as she reaches under her bed and pulls out a patterned backpack. ‘Cute’ I say; making her giggle. ‘So what am I needing?’ she asks. ‘A spare change of clothes, and a hair brush and then whatever you want’ I say laughing. ‘A spare change of clothes?’ she asks. ‘Just in case we go somewhere or I don’t know just bring some’ I say. She nods. She grabs a pink top and some denim shorts with some tights. She packed everything and we set off to the house.

*Nathans POV*

Just as I was leaving Jay and Lottie were coming up the garden. ‘Hi, bye’ I say, walking past them. ‘Have fun!’ they both call at the same time then they burst out laughing. I shake my head chuckling to myself. I finally meet up with Sinead, kissing her on the cheek and going into the coffee shop. ‘So what do you want?’ I ask her. ‘Tea will do’ she smiles. I order 2 teas and a huge chocolate muffin to share. We find a nice little table to sit at and start chatting. ‘So, what do you do?’ I ask her. ‘Nothing at the moment, I only moved here like a week and half ago’ she tells me. ‘Explains the accent’ I wink; she just shakes her head and chuckles. ‘So after this, do you want to come back to the house and meet the boys properly?’ I ask her. ‘Sure, if you want me to’ she smiles and picks a bit of the muffin of. ‘What?’ she giggles, then I realise I was staring. ‘Nothing, you’re just like really pretty’ I tell her and then laugh as she blushes the colour of a tomato. There’s a ringing from her bag. ‘Sorry’ she says, taking it out of her bag. ‘Hello?’ she answers. ‘Woah, I said I’m sorry okay. I’m not good at goodbyes, a letter was better. I could actually say what I wanted without just crying okay?... I’m sorry... Yeah I know it doesn’t make things better... Yeah sure, whatever bye’ she puts the phone down. ‘My friend back in Ireland. She’s just got my letter’ she mumbles. ‘About?’ I ask. ‘Me, moving away. I didn’t tell them. I wrote letters and sent them off just before I left’ she looks down. ‘Hey, look at me’ I say, reaching over and holding her hand. ‘It’ll be okay’ I tell her; she nods. ‘Thanks Nathan’ she looks up and smiles. ‘Call me Nath’ I smile back. ‘Okay, Thanks Nath’ she laughs. ‘Come on lets go’ I say. We get up and leave, I wrap my arm around her waist as she rests her head on my shoulder and we make our way back to the house.