8-Escape

Steve and I headed down the hall and he pulls me into an empty room.
"Cassandra are you okay?" Steve asks me.
"Yeah, I should have known better" I say as I rub my arm. He pushes a strand of hair back from my face, "how much did it hurt?" He asks me.
"Just a sharp jolt" I tell him and see that he's mad.
"I hate that they've done this to you" he says as he gently caresses my face.
"Steve, I would rather have this then be confined at the compound like some animal. I told you I'll always be by your side" I say looking up at him.
"And I yours" he says kissing my forehead.

We ended up heading back to the same room as before only Sharon and Sam are in it. Steve and I sit down as he goes over the blurry picture of Bucky bombing the UN.
"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" He asks.
"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can" Sharon says.
"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding, set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Solider" I say.
"Your saying someone framed him to find him" Sharon asks.
"Cass, Steve we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing" Sam says.
"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads" Steve tells him.
"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would" Sharon says as we all look at the monitors showing Bucky in his pod
"Yeah" Steve says.

As we watch from the office I can sense the worry in Steve. Suddenly the lights and all the power goes out, and we all look at Sharon.
"Sub-level 5, east wing" she says.
"Will this work anymore?" I ask her as Steve and Sam take off.
"I can't guarantee it" she says.
"I'll take my chance" I say as I take off after the men. I show up outside the chamber to see Sam knocked out and Bucky attacking Steve. I rush in and duck in time from a punch, and kick him back. I go to use my powers and luckily they work without being shocked. I manage to blast Bucky toward the elevator and he gets up coming at me. He grabs my arm and smashes it against the wall breaking the cuff. "Thanks" I say as I try to kick him in the stomach but he manages to toss me on the ground. I roll, almost hitting my head off the wall.
"Cassandra!" I hear Steve call out.
"Go, just go" I yell as him and he fights off Bucky. I slowly try to get up and see Bucky knock Steve down the now opened elevator shaft.
"Steve!" I scream as I manage to toss and energy blast at the fleeing Bucky just badly hitting him. I get up and head to the elevator, looking down to see Steve at the bottom.
"You okay?" I ask him.
He looks back up, "I could use a lift". I bring up my force field and go down the shaft. I land beside Steve and I take his hand flying us back up and landing on the ground.

"I think he's headed for the roof" I tell Steve.
"You okay?" He asks.
"I think getting Bucky is more important than me" I say, "I'll catch up". I watch him debate waiting, "Steve, go get your best friend" I smile at him and he takes off. I stand there for a minute, thinking over my next move. Is loving Steve worth all this risk when I know what's going to happen soon. I knew I had to go after him, knowing I can't change the future or it will mess everything up. I take a deep breath and take off toward the roof. I finally make it up to the helipad to see Steve pulling the helicopter back.

"Steve!" I shout as he pulls it and it comes crashing down

"Steve!" I shout as he pulls it and it comes crashing down. He moves out of the way just missing the blades. "I sometimes think you'll be the death of me Steve Rogers" I say as I go to him. He gets up to check on Bucky when suddenly Bucky's hand breaks through the glass grabbing Steve's throat. I try to form energy in my hands and can't get a good aim without hitting Steve.

I then notice the tail of the helicopter beak off. The rest of the helicopter slips and both men fall down into the water. "Seriously" I say to myself.. I then run and jump off the edge and into the water below. I crash into the water and come back up to see Steve holding onto Bucky's unconsciousness body.
"You could have used your powers up there" Steve says as we swim to the edge.
"I didn't want to hit you" I tell him.
"I've taken the hit before" he says.
"I didn't want to ruin that pretty face" I smile at him and I get out of the water. I help Steve pull Bucky out of the water then help him.
"Come on we need to stay out of sight" I say as he picks Bucky up.

We met up with Sam and an abandoned warehouse, Steve sets the knocked out Bucky down and places his metal arm in a vice grip. We keep lookout as choppers fly above.
"You already know how this ends don't you?" Steve asks me pulling me aside as Sam watches Bucky.
"Steve, I cant say, I can't change the outcome" I tell him.
"Do I at least get Bucky back?" He ask.
"Yes" I quietly say.
"At what cost?" He then asks me.
"Steve, I can't ..I can't tell you" I say not looking at him. He places a hand on my chin and turns my face toward his.
"It's You I lose isn't it?" He asks. I don't say a word, as he places his hand on my face wiping away the tears.

 I don't say a word, as he places his hand on my face wiping away the tears

"Hey, Cap, Emerald" we hear Sam say and we break apart. We go and see that Bucky is coming too, "Steve" He says.
"Which Bucky am I talking too?" Steve asks him.
"Your moms name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes" Bucky says.
"Can't read that in a museum" Steve says.
"Just like that we are suppose to be cool" Sam says.
"What did I do?" Bucky asks.
"Enough" Steve tells him.
"Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words" Bucky says shaken by all of this.
"Who was he?" I ask.
"I don't know" Bucky answers.
"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know"" Steve says.
"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where" Bucky explains.
"Why would he need to know that?" I ask.
"Because I'm not the only Winter Solider" Bucky answers. Steve then allows Bucky's arm out of the vice and Bucky tells us what the man wanted to know. He explains how he was the one who cause the death of Tony's parents to get a serum to create other soldiers. He explains how the serum affected those they used it on and where they were kept.

"Who were they?" Steve asks.
"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum" Bucky explains.
"They all turn out like you?" Sam asks.
"Worse" he answers looking up at us.
"The doctor could he control them?" I ask.
"Enough" Bucky replies.
"Said he wanted to see and empire fall" Steve says.
"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming" Bucky says looking at all three of us, worry on his face.

 You'd never see them coming" Bucky says looking at all three of us, worry on his face