A New Life and a Harsh Death

The prophecy would disappear if I died in the wrong hands or in a different way than the prophecy predicted. I knew that I had to do something but it was going to come easier than what I had thought it would. After that night, i was once again caged. It was awful, but this time it was the same reason. I was pregnant and this time I knew that I wouldn't be strong enough to carry it. I almost bled to death the last time I was pregnant. I inhaled and I smiled because I had only two more months to go before I would deliever. Xavier still walked the halls of this castle and Eclipse still roamed the woods. I had picked out an animal that I liked very much to turn into once I died. My daughter still watched after me as a crow and I was happy. An order had been put out around the palace to not shoot any crow, wolf, or mountain lion. I wished so bad that my son would choose a form and stick with it because it scared me that someone would kill him. If anyone discovered what I was, or Eclipse, we would all die. "What names have you picked out?" Ruka asked, opening the cell door. "I have picked out Howler for a girl and Flyer for a boy," I said. "Not very special," he said. I smiled. "Not very special for one that is in the wolf world you mean. But one that is in the human or other animal world," I said. He stared at me. "You won't take this one away from me this time," he growled. He seemed pleased that I had given the gift to this one as well. "Whatever you think," I said smiling to myself.

It was the day that I was to give birth and everyone was on edge. They were waiting for me to escape and some were even waiting for me to blow the place up. But Xavier was half of me and so I was going to end the prophecy that would destroy the only sons I had. I was to give birth anytime now and I knew that it was today. The way that the baby was moving I could tell that it wasn't going to be a pleasant matter in giving birth. I inhaled as I walked the length of the cell that I had been put into. "How are you feeling my darling?" I heard Ruka's voice ask from the door. I didn't look up to meet his eyes because he knew that it was painful, more painful than anything anyone would ever experience. "Maybe some pain medication would help," he said looking at me and taking a step toward me. "No," I snarled at him. He took a step back and shut the cell door but left the little window open. "Shoot her, just don't give her too much or she will die," Ruka said. I waited and when they pulled the trigger to the dart gun I shifted into a bird and then into an ant. Ruka rushed into the cell leaving the door open and I shifted into a bird and flew out of the cell. I finally escaped the prison that was holding me hostage and I disappeared into the forest. I heard them moving behind me trying to find me and then I flew farther. In the forest I noticed a trail that was being covered with the snow that had started to fall. It was wolves. I landed near the cave that I had given birth to Xavier and Eclipse in and found my son watching me. He was in wolf form and Midnight Storm stared at me with surprise. "Are you okay?" he asked looking at me. I had shifted into a wolf. It was the animal that I had wished to become after my death. "I'm giving birth," I whispered. It was long and hard and finally her little shrill voice entered the world. I felt my human side start to disappear and suddenly I was a full wolf. I was beautiful.

"Eclipse, your twin brother, Xavier is on your father's side and he wishes you no harm. The prophecy is over and now you won't fight him. Stay away from him and Ruka though just in case and raise your sister in the human ways," I said looking at his face. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I am going into the forest, leaving the pack so that they can survive without anyone asking questions about the new she-wolf that has came to live with you. Please raise her well," I said as I got up and disappeared into the forest, leaving the little girl behind. Her name was Running Fire.