"Nigga I'll beat you in a dance battle?" I smiled wide as we laughed and began dancing without a care in the world of how stupid we may look to others but Teddy has been my brother since day one of these crazy ass wars and bombings shit.
He helped me get through the death of seeing my family die right in front of my face when I was in Washington DC with them going sightseeing. The military had gunned them down thinking they were terrorist because me and my family are Muslim.
It all happened so fast.

That day I had my thawb on from prayer time but forgot my taqiyah at the mosque in the bathroom. After our sightseeing we were stopped by the military. They just assumed I wasn't apart of my family, despite my thawb, and snatched me away from them while at the same time riddling their bodies with bullets as I was forced to watch while screaming and crying in horror.

Why was I left alive that day? I wish I died with them everyday. Me and my family were close and I very much highly miss all of them.

I've been through so much these past few months. It's crazy. But for the most part I'm just gonna continue to remain positive as much as I can with my bros.

Speaking of my bros or at least the small group of friends I've made since the second month of being here Michael, who we also call Tyga, there's Sean, and then David

Speaking of my bros or at least the small group of friends I've made since the second month of being here Michael, who we also call Tyga, there's Sean, and then David. Teddy and I met the first day I came here three months ago.

"Y'all niggas stupid as fuck," Tyga laughed with us as we sat down and I began eating my breakfast.

"David not kickin' it with us today?" I asked.

"We don't even know where he disappeared to honestly," Sean said as I nodded.

"Last I saw him, he was following some of dem' folk last night... And they wasn't melanated either," Teddy said, "I ain't know what he was doing."

"Who is that? Gotdamn she bad as hell," Sean asked looking somewhere.

"She fine as hell bruh," Tyga spoke up.

"Chris. Wasn't that the girl you was talkin' bout from yesterday?" Teddy tapped my arm.

"Who y'all talking about?" I asked looking up in the direction they were, at the girl I sorta talked to last night.

She was sitting by herself at a corner table in the cafeteria reading a book.

"I'mma go sit with her," Sean smirked about to get up but Tyga stopped him.

"Nah Sean. Don't deal with that type. She could be crazy. You see how she sittin' alone? In the corner bro? She cute and all but that's typical for a dark skin girl," Tyga said making us all smack our teeth and look at him like he just lost his rabid ass mind.