4 - New

Part-time

Lead: Choi Chanhee 최찬히, [Y/N]
Author: sweet_candylala
Release: June 29, 2019

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"Good morning, what would you like today?" The cashier greeted me with a soft smile.

I returned his warm smile with my own. "Good morning to you too Chanhee." I say after glancing at his name tag. "I'd like two large hot americano to go."

"That'll be **** won." He says. I pulled out a few cash to pay for my order. "Is it for a friend?" He asks after I handed him my money.

"In fact it is." I laughed as he was processing my transactions.

He gives me another big smile and handed my change. "Wait for a moment. I'll prepare your coffee."

I nodded as he leaves me by the counter. I watched his back prepare my order and he seems to know his way around coffee. He moved in a swift motion with no hesitation.

Though I'm a regular here and I've never seen him around. He must be skilled for a newbie.

Although he looks so feminine, there's something attractive about him, I just can't get the words to leave my mouth. His skin is so pale, and his pink hair is so lovely, and his smile is very encouraging. Somehow, this man attracted me.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I'm at a seafood place to eat lunch." I say through my phone and took a seat. "Yes, I didn't forget your plans for me later. I'll meet up with him, okay? I won't bail. I'm hanging up, bye!" I say and laughed at my friend.

Well, here's the thing. My friend set me up on this date with her friend since she said I've been a sad lonely lady my whole life and she can't watch me continue like that. And yes, I've bailed on most of her set up dates because I'm busy with work and all. I don't really have time for men.

Someone was handing over the menu and I sat up straight and thanked him.

"Oh? You're from the coffee shop this morning. Chanhee, right?" I say when I looked up to see a familiar face from today.

"Ahh. I thought you looked familiar." He laughs shyly. He had a notepad in his hand, a pen behind his ear, and an apron around his waist. "Lunch break?"

"Yep. I was craving for seafood. Such a coincidence to see you working here too. It must be tough." I say worriedly.

I mean I don't have the rights to worry since I don't know him but working part time isn't very easy. Does he work many part time? That's really hard to do.

"No, I'm used to it." he shakes his head. "So what would you like?" He points my attention to the menu I was now holding. I looked towards it. "The best selling one is the spicy crab meat. But I'd rather recommend fried shrimps."

I giggle a bit. "It's so weird how you manage to say my orders before I do. I'll take one spicy crab meat, and 2 servings of friend shrimps. And for the drinks.."

Chanhee waits for me to flip to the drink section. I looked up at him and he has a small smile on before speaking up. "Sprite?"

"Bingo." I wink at him.

"I'll get it back to you in awhile." He bows and went ahead. I wanted to see him again but someone else handed my orders to me after that. I tried to look for him but he was no longer in sight. His shift must be over.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I ran outside the elevator to pay for the delivery my boss made. My heels were clacking loudly and it is not very ladylike. The clacking stopped when I slowed down and saw that familiar figure for the third time today.

"Chanhee." I call out to be sure that I wasn't hallucinating this guy I've been thinking of all day. The moment he turned to me I couldn't help but let out a laugh of disbelief. "You again. How many part times do you work? You're everywhere."

"Here and there." He laughs. "It'll be **** won." He says showing the bill.

I take my boss's card out of my pocket and handed it to him. He takes out some machine from his bag and processed the billing. I just watched him work. He seems used to what he's doing. At least he doesn't look like the walking dead.

"So this is where you work?" He asks handing me back the card. Chanhee dives into the bag to get our orders for the entire staff. Hopefully I can carry them without tripping.

"Apparently, yes." I sighed not entirely proud of it.

He places the order on my arms steadily and answered me. "I imagine you more to be a dancer, rather than an office worker."

I was taken aback by his statement. My heart pounded. I always wanted to be a modern dancer. And the moment he said I looked like a dancer, I spaced out. That's the first someone said it. No one ever supported me in that career. And no one even believed in me.

"Well, good day." He bids and rides on his motor to drive away.

"Chanhee!" I was too late to yell out his name. He waa already far from ear shot.

I sigh, maybe I can visit him in the coffee shop tomorrow.

Choi Chanhee.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Yes, I'm here at the barbeque place. But I don't really feel like doing this anymore. No, I'm not chickening out. No, I'm not reasoning either. It's just that there's this guy I met, I don't know he seems interesting." I talk on my phone waiting patiently with a small shot of soju in my hand. "Oh shut up, he's cute. What? He's here? Where?"

I looked around when she says that he was here. Black and white shirt? Black long sleeves underneath? Pink hair?

Pink hair, Chanhee had pink hair. My mind took me back to this morning. His warm smile as he greets me. His sweet voice so soothing to hear. His words that told me my greatest dream.

I'm sorry bestie, I don't think I can meet up with your friend. I'm not going to let Chanhee slip out of my hands.

I stand up to leave but at the far corner of the room, I saw the same pink hair man I was thinking about. The person that wouldn't leave my mind the entire day.

"What did you say his name was?" I asked my friend

"Choi Chanhee."

Then at that moment, he saw me and I think he knew he was looking for me as well. Darn, who knew he looked better out of his part time uniforms.

I ended the call and watch him pass by all the tables in order to reach me. He then stands right before me looking really shy.

"You must be [Y/N]?" He chuckkes with a small smile playing on his lips.

I giggle and looked away in embarrassment. "And you must be Chanhee?"

⊱ ────── {⋅. ℰℕⅅ .⋅} ────── ⊰