2

"Hey guys it stopped raining! Why don't we go and rent a movie then go to the pizza parlor?" Sabrina suggested. 

"But we already have so many movies here, why can't we just watch one of these?" Kayla whined, curling herself into her blanket. 

"Kayla, we basically watched everything on that shelf at least twice. We need to watch something else," Connie replied, getting off the couch. After some grumbles and groans from the others in our group, we put our shoes on and left.

"Okay why don't we split up. Kayla and Mariah go get the pizza then the rest of us will pick a movie" Connie said obviously choosing favouritism. That was the one thing I didn't like about Connie, she chooses her favourites and she sticks with them. So I don't even understand why she's still friends with Kayla and Mariah if she continuously favourites Sabrina and I. 

"Okay, let's just go Kayla" Mariah rolled her eyes while walking away with Kayla.

No one said anything as we walked up to the plaza and went into the video shack. After what seemed like hours searching for a movie I saw the movie, Safe Haven

"Guys, guys, guys! let's watch Safe Haven pleaseee," I begged, running up to Connie and Sabrina

"It's to girly" Connie said. Sabrina rolled her eyes

"Connie maybe the rest of us wants to watch it"

"Whatever if we are watching that then we are watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre" she said hold up the movie. She knows I don't like that kind of movie. I glared at her then walked away to find a funny movie

"Hey Sab, come here I think I found something" she walked over and waited for me to show her. Before I picked up the movie she said:

"Hottie at 10 O'clock, " I looked to where she was pointing and saw a familiar freckled boy.

"Cameron?" I asked walking up to him dragging Sabrina with me.

"Maddie what are you doing here?" he asked surprised to see me.

"You know just elephant hunting," he laughed.

"Hey guys I think I found another movie" Connie announced walking towards us.

"Connie?!?" Cameron exclaimed. It was almost like his eyes were bulging out of his head. 

"Cameron?!" she said dropping the movie onto the ground. 

"You two... know each other?" Sabrina asked. They both nodded.

"I lived in new York up until grade eight then I moved to LA" she explained, finally picking up the movie from the ground.

"Any who.... I got to go" Cameron said awkwardly then leaving.

"Let's just get the movie and meet up with Kayla and Mariah the must be waiting" I said turning around and grabbing Despicable Me and paying for the movies we chose. We walked out and met Kayla and Mariah who were waiting impatiently outside of the video shack.

"What took you guys so long the pizza's getting cold," Kayla said. We looked at each other

"We ran into someone" Connie said

"Who?" Mariah asked

"None of your business" Connie snipped then walked away, with all of us slowly following behind.

After sometime eating pizza and watching movies, we got bored of the yellow minions that were yelling on the TV screen.

"So, Connie tell us about you and Cameron Back in New York" I said, trying to make some conversation. She just blushed.

"Ok. So I had the biggest crush on Cameron. I mean he's all you could have in a guy. The looks, charm, personality, but he never liked me back" she sighed with a frown. We all looked confused.

"But how Connie you are Gorgeous!" Kayla said.

"You know what we are going to set you up on a date with him" Sabrina said.

"You're going to what?!" Connie and I both exclaimed. Everyone looked at me weirdly.

"You don't like him do you?" Mariah asked

"Of course not! I mean I only met him this morning" I said looking down at my lap. Then the girls started talking about I didn't even care about. I got up from the ground and went to go sit on the couch. I mean I do like him don't I? No I don't like I said before I just met him. So why am I jealous of Connie being set up with him? She has the looks almost every guy falls for her so I don't see why he should go out with her. I'll just be happy for her

"Maddie, are you okay?" Kayla asked pulling me back to reality. I nodded.

"I think I'm just going to go to bed" I said getting up from the couch and going up to Connie's room.