The truth

Aaron's p.o.v

Waking up next to Rob has to be one of the best feelings I've ever felt, his masculine frame almost suffocating my slim, petit body. Bliss.

I just lay on the bed with my sleeping mate for the longest time, relishing the feel of his arms wrapped around my waist, making me feel safe. Evan whines out a small hungry cry, making me unwrap robs arms from my body. Looking over the side of his crib from my bed I see he is waking up for a feed. I quickly prepare a bottle for him, using the last of the my blood we have saved. I lift Evan out of his crib and sit on the bed to feed him.

After rob woke up he gave me and Evan a kiss before greeting into the shower, I can hear him humming and singing in his angelic deep voice it's heavenly, making me feel happy.

As morning becomes afternoon we finally surface from the room we are using, everyone's up and around the house but I'm not worried, having rob with me last night has given me the confidence to accept the family into Evans life. He will learn to love them all, grandma Rose and grandpa Peter, auntie Amber and uncle Jason, and uncle James and aunt Jenna. They will help teach and protect my son, and that's all I want. "How are you feeling Aaron dear?" Rose speaks as we enter the kitchen, Rob to my side and Evan in my arms. "Better today, thank you Rose, I'm really sorry about yesterday!" I say walking up to her, reaching her for a one arm hug. "Don't be silly, sweetie. We all understand, he's your number one priority now" Rose consoles looking down in awe at even in my arms, I beam proudly. "Robert, can I have a word" I hear peter call, "I'll be right back" rob kisses my head before he turns to leave. I turn back to Rose, watching her prepare some sort of meal. "How is little Evan? Is he feeding well?" She asks grabbing a pot from the cupboard "extremely well, we have actually ran out of my blood." I say sitting down on the high stool beside the kitchen counter, "oh really? Well that's no problem, I'll tell peter to get a empty blood bag and draw some blood from you" she smiles to me "thank you rose, that would be great" I smile back.

Sitting in the kitchen I stare out of the back sliding doors into the trees that surround the Mcallister house, I must have been staring for a good ten minutes when I see movement, I can't make out a shape, until the black creature transforms into a human. A werewolf. I don't have enough time to see his face as my instincts take over and I hold Evan close and bolt for the bedroom. Rose calls after me clearly panicked by my actions. Moments later rob enters the room making me spin to defend my son. Robs arms are around me the moment he reaches me, "what's wrong, love?" I melt at his voice. "A werewolf was in the trees, he's been watching, rob. They know we have a baby now!" I say distraught. "A werewolf? Did you see who it was? Was it Dylan?", "no I didn't see, I ran. I didn't know what to do" I say "it's ok, it's just instincts. Totally natural." Rob soothes.

An hour or so later rob sits up from out laying position on our bed "Peter needs to draw your blood now, go. I'll take care of Evan" rob kisses me. "Okay, I won't be long" I say heading for the door, but not before looking my son over quickly.

----------a week later----------

It's been a week since the wolf was spotted in the trees, Jenna and Jason have informed us that they have also sensed it when out on a hunt once, which means it's watching the whole family. I'm not going to say it doesn't scare me because it does, one wolf is easily enough to take down but wolves are pack animals, where there's one there's normally two more hiding.

"Today is the day your mother believes you return from the world trip we lied about you taking Aaron" Rob says. I honestly can't believe she would let me go, but rob explained everything. Peter had visited my mums house to explain and 'ask' for her permission and after some explaining and excuses why this would be more educational then school she agreed. "Okay, I need to see her. I miss her so much" I say "of course, we will leave when your ready" rob kissed my temple "now, I'm ready now" I say enthusiastically. "Okay I'll just get Evans car seat" rob chuckles and leaves the family room heading for the front door. "Are you going to tell the truth about Evan, Aaron?" Amber asks from the seat she's sharing with Jason across the room "I....I'm- I don't know... I'd like to" I say, to be fair I haven't really thought about it. "Okay" is all she said. "Have you seen anything in your visions, amber? Will she be happy?" I ask sitting forwards in my seat. "I don't see anything, I don't see anything that includes Evan he has some sort of magical deflecting shield I think. Have you tried using your powers on him?" She says "No! Of course I haven't!" I say slightly pissed she would ask such a thing! "Sorry Aaron, I didn't mean anything by it, it's just we'd know if he was immune" she apologized "I wouldn't even try it, there is too much risk, Amber" I say. She simply nods and turns back to Jason. I stand up and head up the stairs for rob and my room to check Evan.