P r e f a c e

P r e f a c e

Death was feared by many people. He was soulless, cruel, unforgiving . . . or so they say. What they failed to know was that Death – Thanatos – fell in love, once, and he vowed never to do so again, for his kiss killed what his heart desired.

And as Thanatos paced around the Underworld, his thoughts scattered around her. Her. And that made him want to strangle his own heart and stop its beat.

People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror; the person who shows you everything that is holding you back; a soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear your ego apart a little bit, show you and your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so a new light can get in.

That was how he understood the concept of soul mate. Before the curse of Psyche and Eros, he was also forced to understand love. How? He heard the wails of the burning souls. They were all mourning, and that started a fuel in his heart. He didn’t want to hear or listen to them. He wanted them to die. After all, he was Death. He was the one who came in with a scythe to deliver them to the Underworld.  And then it went worse.

Love got out of control. Eros was even having problems to himself, and it was all because of one error – Lacy. Lacy was a mistake. She should have never been born. Ever since she existed, all Thanatos could hear every day was the sound of hearts breaking apart, and it was because of her. Her.

It was his task to eliminate her. He knew it would be so easy to kill her. He was Thanatos. No one could be greater than him.

But this girl was greater than him.

She was not a simple error. She was a grave mistake, and she wouldn’t let anyone catch her.

It was not Eros’s fault why love failed, it was Lacy’s. She was a thief – A thief of hearts.

She just happened to steal Thanatos’s dead heart, kissed it with her own lips, and brought it back to life.  

coming next year: March/April, 2015