35 "Maybe Someday"

Start from the beginning

These words hurt me so much. I noticed in the eyes of FP wounds, but I couldn't do anything about it.

The truth was, I didn't have any rights to FP. I could love and hate him, but in the light of law and church he was in a marriage with Gladys. And marriage shouldn't be broken.

The fact that he is the father of my child meant nothing. He still had his family, and I only had a part of him. Our relationship has always been complicated.

"If you want to report it to the police, I will understand it," said Gladys, and I laughed miserably.

"What will it give me? I will go through even more stress than in the last days"

After a while, a black limo came to my house.

"Hiram found out," said Gladys, and looked at FP. She was terrified.

"Let's go to my house," I said, keeping Charles firmly on me.

"No, Alice, it won't do anything." Gladys shook her head. I grabbed her hand.

"I won't let you go there"

"I will defend you, Hiram can do nothing to me," replied FP.

"Oh God," I said when I saw Hiram with a gun in his hand. He aimed straight at us. More specifically, he aimed at me and Charles.

When the bullet fired, my whole life passed through my eyes. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for certain death, but the bullet didn't hit me. I opened my eyes and looked at Gladys who was standing in front of me.

"What did you do?" I said and I grabbed her with one hand when she fell. "Gladys" I shouted, with tears in my eyes. Charles began to cry. "FP, do something!" I asked, trying all the time to keep Gladys aware.

My hands were shaking when I noticed a streak of blood on Gladys's stomach. She couldn't die, she couldn't!

"Alice ... I ... I'm sorry," she whispered and closed her eyes, and I jerked her.

"Don't close your eyes, you are a strong woman, Gladys, you will get out of this!" I shouted, and when I didn't react I started to cry. I tried to wake her up.

I haven't even realized how much time has passed. When the ambulance arrived and took Gladys, I didn't want to let her go, I held her tight. FP had to pull me away from her.

"Everything will be fine," he whispered and hugged me.

"And Hiram?"

"I called my friends, they took him in. Hiram is where he belongs, in prison, and he won't come out of it soon" FP kissed me on the forehead.

"Go to her," I whispered. "She needs you more than I do," I added. My heart was hurting when I said it, but I couldn't be selfish at that moment.

"Are you sure?" he asked, and I nodded. He kissed Charles's head and looked at me.

It felt like it was a goodbye.

It was goodbye.

I knew that when Gladys came back home, FP wouldn't leave her.

"You know it's over," I whispered, tears in my eyes. I grabbed his hand.

"Don't say that, it's not over," he said and shook his head.

"Don't kid yourself, we aren't children." I pushed my hand away from him. "Go back to your wife, Forsythe, she needs you because she has only you"

"And you?

You need me too! And I need you! "

"I don't count, FP," I said. "Maybe someday when we're old ... Maybe then we can finally be together." I shrugged. I went to him and kissed him on the lips.

"I will fight for our relationship"

"I know," I smiled. "I know you will fight, you always fight," I added. "Go now," I said louder.

"I'll come back to you," he said and kissed me again. After that he got into the car and drove away. "And I'll prove to you that you're wrong"

I knew he wouldn't come back and I was right.

I sighed heavily and sat on the stone steps in front of my house. I looked at my son.

"Mummy will have a lot of work today ... She will have to use the bleach again," I said and looked at the large patch of blood on the sidewalk. "Alone ..."

"Hey, Alice, do you need help?" I heard Fred's voice. I looked at him.

"Maybe I won't be all alone," I smiled under my breath.

A/N: Will Gladys survive?