9 "Forsythe"

I don't know how I came home. I was shaken. I was horrified. I left the car, breathing heavily.

"Shit." I shook my head and grabbed my stomach.

"Alice?" I heard Anthony's voice. "Alice, are you okay?" He came to me.

No, I'm not.

"Yes, I mean, no. I'm not okay. everything is terrible," I whispered softly and looked at him. "I made a big mistake," I added and shooked my head.

"What mistake?" Anthony grabbed my shoulders.

"Fatal mistake" I whispered. "I want to forget about it"

"How?"

"I don't know," I said, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Come with me, Alice. I'll make a tea and we talk about it."

"Anthony, it's 1am, don't you think it's a bit late for tea?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No. Come," he said with a smile and grabbed my hand. We went to his house.

"Sit down in the living room. I'll be right back," he said and went to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch and looked around the room. He really had a good taste in decorating. The living room was beautiful and I felt comfortable in it.

"Tea" Anthony walked into the living room and sat down next to me.

"Thank you" I whispered and grabbed a mug in my hand.

I drank the tea in silence, feeling Anthony staring at me.

"What?" I looked at him.

"You're beautiful." His hand stroked my cheek.

No. No. No. Don't get closer to me.

"I think I have to go now." I said and got up from the couch. "Thank you for the tea, but I will go now," I said and quickly left his house.

Take a deep breath, Alice. Do you want to sleep with him? Of course you want!

I will regret this!

I turned around and went inside his house. He was surprised.

"Alice?" He asked when I went closer to him.

"Anthony" I said and smiled at him.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing"

I grabbed him by the tie and pulled him to me. I stood on tiptoe and kissed him on the lips. I didn't have to wait long for his reactions. He immediately returned the kiss and took me in his arms. He went with me towards the bedroom.

~~~~~

I woke up in the morning with a headache. Funny, because I didn't touch alcohol yesterday.

I got out of bed, trying not to make noise. I didn't want to wake Anthony.

I took a deep breath and looked around the bedroom to find my clothes. I wanted to go out while Anthony was still asleep.

I didn't feel bad because I slept with him, I just ... I didn't know why I wanted to leave him.

I dressed quickly and left his house. I went to my home. I wanted to be in my bedroom as soon as possible. I went quietly into the living room.

"You don't have to sneak around"

I heard my daughter's voice and sighed heavily.

"Don't lecture me, Elizabeth," I said and looked at her.

"I won't. I just want to know what's happening to you" my daughter came up to me. "You slept with a newly met guy..."

"I'm an adult. I'm responsible for my choices," I replied and rolled my eyes.

Resposible? HAHA! Seriously, Alice?

"I'll go to sleep, okay?" I stroked my daughter's cheek and went towards the stairs.

Walk of shame in front of daughter? -check.

~~~~~~

"Okay. Maybe I exaggerated a bit." Betty came into my room with a mug. "I'm just worried about you," she sat next to me on the bed.

I looked at her and sighed quietly. I grabbed her hand.

"Betty, I can't tell you what's going on, but I'll do it as soon as possible. I'm afraid you could hate me now," I said quietly, and she shook her head.

"I'm not stupid, Mom. Mr. Jones and you." I opened my eyes wide.

"How do you know that, Betty?" I asked, surprised, and she laughed.

"I once read a message from him. Mom, relax, don't be angry," Betty said with a smile. "Is it a momentary infatuation or a long-lasting feeling?"

"A feeling that lasts twenty-five years," I whispered and wiped a tear from my eye.

"Wow ... I'd like to know how you met. And when you realized that you loved each other"

"I'll tell you, if you have time?" I asked with a smile.

"I have time, tell me"

"I grew up in this inferior part of town, you know Southside. My trailer was near the FP's trailer, so we knew each other from an early age. At school, we met Fred and Hermione with whom we quickly became friends. One day FP and I argued and landed in the school toilet. Then I got pregnant ... "I paused for a moment to take a deep breath.

"With Charles, "Betty whispered, and I nodded.

"Yes. Anyway, we were inseparable and we often got into trouble. Once we did something terrible for which we suffered the consequences of being arrested. From then on, our friendship broke up. "I said. "My relationship with FP was toxic. We were destroying each other, but we wanted each other so badly. Now, after all the events with Hal, Chic, there was hope for us. Unfortunately, Gladys came back and my hopes were over. I will not win with her, I have no chance, "I whispered hopelessly.

"I'm so sorry, mom"

"Betty,"I whispered and hugged my daughter.

I needed her.

~~~~~

At the evening I went shopping to the supermarket. I told Betty that we should make a woman's pizza night out today.

I met Sierra in aisle with pasta.

Oh no.

"Alice, can I know the name of the person with whom you will come to my wedding?" Sierra came to me with a smile.

She was very happy and I was on the verge of mental breakdown.

Smile, Alice. Just smile. Everything is alright.

"I'll tell you later " I said with a smile.

"Tell me now, Alice, I'm curious!" Sierra insisted, and I felt more and more pressure in my stomach.

What could I tell her? That I will come alone?

"Anthony Price" I said quickly.

I didn't think whether he would agree. Perhaps he won't want to go with me.

"Wonderful, you have a table with FP, Gladys, Hermione, Hiram and Fred" when I heard who I sit with, I cried inside.

"Fantastic, Sierra! I can't wait," I said with mock enthusiasm. "I have to go now" I said and said goodbye to her.

When I went to aisle with sweets, I ran into someone with impetus.

"I am so sorry..." I raised my head and looked at the man.

"Alice" he whispered softly, and I gritted my teeth.

"Forsythe"