Chapter 1

~ Michelle's Pov~

I wonder what it'll be like living here. I've never been outside of America before, so it's a little scary not knowing.

We just moved into the Aubrey Beardsley house on 75 Vauxhall bridge Rd.  My mom told me it's about 6 minutes away from Buckingham palace, which is pretty cool.

And there are some restaurants not too far from here, so it's pretty convenient.

The house isn't too bad either. It looks a little old, and could use a new coat of paint, but it's still a nice place.

"Michelle, help carry boxes in. You're the reason we moved after all. The least you could do is help us." I heard Connor, my younger brother, say, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Oh, so you can nag me about it," I started, "but you can't nag your twin brother who does nothing but play on his phone all of the time?"I ask, a little annoyed.

Ever since Caleb, Connor's twin, got his phone, he's been on it like it's his last day and he just discovered the thing. They're at that annoying age where they start to get lazier. 10. I know I got lazier at that age.

"At least he..." He started, not thinking of what to say before saying it.
"Exactly!" I say triumphantly. "Shut up." He muttered under his breath as he walked away to get more boxes.

It's not that I won't help, I will. But when he complains about me not helping when I have been, but am taking a small break, or when I'm about to help, then it makes me not want to.

And you see, I'm kinda petty.

So I go to the big U- haul van, and grab a few small boxes for my room upstairs. Looking at Connor as I do it, knowing he was talking about big ones.

He doesn't think things through all the way, so he should have expected this. But he just glares  daggers at me as if he wasn't. He's also hot-headed. Instead of cowering under his gaze like he would like though, I just smirk at him. Trying to hold my laughter in. I skipped into the house, and up the steps, walking down the hall, looking for a room to claim as my own.

Then I come across a door painted a darkish pastel violet. I reach for the shiny brass door knob. As I open it, I am greeted with a sweet smell, like vanilla and strawberries. Which surprised me, considering no one has lived here for who knows how long.

The walls were a deep sea blue, which happened to be my favorite color, giving it a calming effect. They had white, thin lines painted all over them, giving them a marbled effect. The floor was made out of varnish wooden boards, making it look kind of rustic.

The room was quite spacious, giving plenty of room for all my stuff. There were two big windows with violet drapes to match the door. Letting in the colorful light of the sunset. I looked to a wall with two doors. One was wider than the other, so I figured that was the closet. I walked over to it, and opened it. I  was right, but the amount of space it had surprised me. It was a walk in. Sadly, between my dresser and this closet, I don't have enough clothes to fill them. But, I can change that real soon.

I then opened the second door, and found a bathroom. It wasn't real big, but it was medium. I turned on the lights to see that they were tinted the slightest blue. I'm really starting to like this room. There were cabinets both around the mirror and under the sink. The tub wasn't a built-in one. It was separate from the wall and floor, except for the water pipe.