PROLOGUE

~ Michelle's pov~

Good grief, I can't believe Keylee talked me into coming to the prince's bride ball. I don't even care!

I wouldn't have come, if it weren't for her guilt tripping me.

Anyways, I'm just gonna lay low.

Even if the prince did meet me, he wouldn't take much of an interest in me. He probably looks for girls who cake makeup on and attract all kinds of drama.

Besides, even if he did take an interest in me, I already like someone who isn't a prince. Just a normal, non-royal guy.

Who chooses a bride at age 15 anyways? Isn't that a pretty dumb move, choosing someone to spend the rest of your life with at such a young age?

Then, suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts, a loud, stereotypical, british butler's voice (imagine it as Sebastian's voice, from Black Butler) booms throughout the entire room, " Attention ladies and gentlemen," he started, " you may now head to the ballroom. And be sure that if you don't have a mask already, choose one and put it on before entering the ballroom please."

I don't think so, masks are too stuffy for me. I tell myself, even though the one I brought with me only covers me eyes, it'll still feel stuffy.

" Anyone caught in the ballroom without a mask, besides the prince and staff members, will be forced to leave." Well, there goes my plan

I start to turn towards Keylee to tell her I've made up my mind, and I'm not going in. She can guilt trip me all she wants, but this isn't worth the uncomfortable feeling the mask gives me.

But, before I  can even move, the crowd sweeps me away into the ballroom.

Well crap.

I might as well put my mask on since I can't escape, I may be stubborn, and in different circumstances, I wouldn't give in, but I don't want to be embarrassed by having myself thrown out. Especially when everyone can see my face. Maybe I can just hide in a corner.

As I walk into the ballroom, I take a deep breath, astonished by my surroundings. Everything is so... I just can't find a word to describe it.

Despite the tiny cracks in the brick walls, the whole room looks like it was built just today. The bricks that made up the walls of the room were either white sedimentary bricks, or they were painted white, and if they were, it was a really good paint job.

The floor is a white tile, littered with gold specks, as if it were a white galaxy. My eyes wondered to the ceiling,where, to my surprise, an actual galaxy was painted on it. It surprised me even more to realise that a lot of the stars weren't paint, but lights, shining down on us.

The ceiling matched the violet curtains that draped over the windows, and around a pair of glass doors, that I assumed led out to a balcony.

There were white, and to my surprise, very detailed, Corinthian columns placed evenly around the ballroom walls.

To my relief, there was a band playing a calming tune, which I was thankful for, since after they started playing, everyone started to calm down a bit.

But, unfortunately, everyone was still a little too energetic for me.

I decide to look for my friends, to try to convince one of them to leave with me, so I won't be alone all night once I leave.

Then, after a minute or two of searching, I spotted the dress Eliza was wearing. Sure enough, I look up to the face of the dress's owner, to see Eliza's mask.

I smiled, sighing with relief, not knowing that it would be short lived, that is, until the butler's voice was spread all throughout the room.

" All ladies and gentlemen, please form two lines for the first dance." He commanded in a cheery tone. " One for the ladies and one for the gents.
Then we will start the first dance and you will be free to mingle afterwards."

Right before I could reach Eliza, I was carried away by a bunch of giggling, hormonal teenage girls. Again.

Seeing as I couldn't get away, I might as well comply with the wishes of the host. When I was placed in line, I assumed it was a male, female partner dance.

When the music started playing and all of the girls started curtsying, and boys bowing, I knew I was right.

So, I just followed in uniform, not wanting to show that I had now idea how to do this dance whatsoever.

Hopefully my partner would help me out. As I get up from my curtsy, I lock eyes with a familiar pair of sea blue ones surrounded by a white mask to match his suit.

Here I go

*** Author's Note***
Hey guys, how is it so far? What do you think will happen? Let me know in the comments what you think should happen. Thanks for reading. Don't forget to share this book with your friends and vote! Luv you all❤️❤️❤️ have a good day/night!