Hunting for Silence : 9

~ Rikkard Ambrose ~
point of view

'Leave the papers I asked for on the table,' I commanded without bothering to turn around to who ever walked inside the room

'Leave the papers I asked for on the table,' I commanded without bothering to turn around to who ever walked inside the room. I squinted my eyes whilst looking outside the dusty window over looking the city. "Then go and get me something to drink.'

'No.'

It cannot be, I thought. My whole body stiffened. I didn't want to turn around— No, this cannot be! She cannot be here!

Why—How is she here?!

I turned around slowly...slowly whilst trying to think of something to say. My eyes met with hers, Oh how have I longed to capture them again...

She is here. My Ifrit is here. My love is here.

I ignored the thrumming race of my heart trying to call out her name. It wasn't easy.

'I am going to kill Karim when next I see him'

She lifted one eyebrow. 'Don't blame him. I tortured the address out of him.'

I miss you.

'I surmised as much. And I pay him not to crack under torture' I managed to say with the cold and stiffness of my heart.

'You...!' she narrowed her eyes as she took a step forward and stabbed her finger towards my direction. 'You are not exactly in a position to go around criticizing people, Mister I'm-going-to-a-place-so-dangerous-I-can't-take-you-along-Ambrose!"

I really did miss you, and I wish I had took you along with me. I could've put my hand behind your neck and kiss those sweet lips of yours that I had dreamed under every star to kiss.

I cleared my throat. 'Ehem. Well...as to that, Mr. Linton...' I was cut off as I was trying to think of valid excuse to say.

'What "danger" were you referring to, exactly?'

Nothing.

'Well, I...' my voice faded away.

'I knew it. I bloody knew it!' She took another step forward. "There is no damn danger is there? The only bloody reason you didn't want me along is because you didn't want me to know you own a goddamn opera in Paris, wasn't it? And you certainly didn't want me, the dastardly female who just dared to turn you down like a ton of bricks, to sit next to you while you mope and listen to a lady sing love songs in Italian!'