10 August 2004

"Today I don't want to think, I just want to run." — The Flash

The first to meet were Kid Flash and—at the time—Indigo Lantern. Colton, or Kol for short, was going through his trials then. He had surpassed most of them, although he had some trouble with rage.

However, Green Lantern could not stop laughing as he watched Flash's son trying to understand the language of the Indigo Tribe.

"Katorak leku orra miet."

"Cattle what now?" Kid Flash's mind was so perplexed. He looked to his father for explanation, but he only shrugged his shoulders. He let out a frustrated groan and grabbed the lithe boy's shoulders.

The caramel brunet was giving him an estranged look before letting out a sound of surprise as his whole body was shaken.
"Would you please speak english!?" He regretted it soon as the Lantern's passive facial features did not change and he raised his hand.

"Yame urr nok."

A moment of silence continued in the room before Green Lantern hooted with extreme mirth. The Flash was looking at his best friend, part of him wishing he had asked Superman for help in this particular job; but, the mission dealt with aliens and Nathan wanted to meet the Green Lantern with the son, not the daughter.
"Girls get in the way with their emotions." He had said. "What about Wonder Woman? Or Black Canary?" Nathan rolled his eyes and smirked. "I said girls. Not women." And Barry could not be prouder of how sassy his son was.
Now here he was, regretting his decision...

Eventually, Kol finally understood what Nathan was talking about and deactivated his indigo...staff. He traded it for a Green Lantern ring and introduced himself to the speedsters.

"It's nice to meet you. Sorry for earlier, I am running through my Lantern trials to become a White Lantern." Half of that was registered and understood by the speedsters. Having seen Kol's physical features as he was changing, Nathan felt the need to introduce his civilian I.D.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Nathaniel..but you can just call me—" He was quickly interrupted by the younger Green Lantern.
"Thaniel. And you should not have said your name in public. It might not be just us here, in fact anyone could've heard that."

"Thaniel? Huh...that actually sounds pretty cool.." Kol rolled his light peridot green eyes before facing Barry. "So Mr. Flash, what are we doing at the docks on a mildly warm autumn night?"
⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎
The night ended with the Lanterns smiling triumphantly while the Flashes groaned about their countless injuries. "How did those even touch me? I'm the fastest human alive; faster than the speeding bullet. Faster than the Flash—even Godspeed! Uh hoo..."

Kol giggled and strode up to his newfound best friend. "Those bullets that hit you and Flash were specially designed for all types of metas. The Clorfasi have dealt with countless alien species, not just ours. They have years of experience." He opened his palm and revealed one of the bullets that happened to hit Flash.

"How did you get this?" Kid Flash asked, staring at the bullet with wonder. Mini-Green Lantern chuckled and said, "I killed a man for it." He laughed uproariously at the terrified expression on Kid Flash's face. Green Lantern smiled proudly at his son as he and Flash watched the kids. Flash was less amused but he wanted to know more about the bullet in Hal's kid's hand.

"I'm kidding! Stop taking things so seriously. Living like Batman will kill all your fun. Anyways, this is a speed modifying bullet. It's capable of slowing down the fastest of predators or enemies. That is why you and the Flash weren't runnin' as fast as you usually do." He dropped the bullet in Nathan's open hand. Immediately, he dropped it like it was on fire and groaned. "That still hurts!"

"It's supposed to. The bullet was designed to vibrate at a certain frequency that it could either kill something that was slower than that frequency, or slow it down." Nathan stood up and glared at the Green Lantern. "You seem to know an awful lot about this." Nearby, Barry was facepalming while Hal stood in a defensive position, threatening to blow the kid's head off. Colton's lips were drawn into an unappealing frown and his arms were crossed.
"Pfft. Before you start throwing around assumptions here, Speedy Gonzalez, let me remind you that I am part of the intergalactic/interstellar space-cop force. We gather intel and case alien species everyday." Nathan sighed and collapsed onto his butt, groaning once again as his injuries ached.

"You and Flash will be out of commission for a few days. Have fun being normal humans again! Dad and I will see you around, hopefully." Nathan, stunned as ever, watched as the other boy gave him a flashy smile and winked before floating into the night sky with Green Lantern beside him. Nathan watched as green changed to indigo in the blink of an eye and scowled.

"This is just great. I have no speed for the first time in my life.." He felt a hand rest on his shoulder and looked up into the same crystal blue eyes he had, though he had to admit they were a little aged.

"Welcome to life before I created the speed force." Cue Nathan putting his head in his hands with his father grinning above him...

"When you stop trying to force the solution, it'll happen on its own." — Flash