Chapter 2: and all i need is next to me

Start from the beginning

"Hmm..."

Please don't be 'real' mad...just be annoyed...but not mad because it would defeat the purpose of all this, he pleads to her in his head.

He stays silent and waits for her to speak.

"I hope you have clean towels at least."

And Scott smiles at that.

"Come on up. You can use my bathroom. I've got bath gels, bath salts, bath scrubs and new soap if you want. Also fresh towels and you can wear some of my old clothes for when we have to wait for your clothes to dry", Scott is aware he's babbling but he can't seem to stop himself. Lydia is, thankfully, not calling him out on his behavior.

Lydia inspects the small bathroom. It's not cluttered but there are a lot of stuff, mostly bathroom paraphernalia that Scott was rambling about on the way to his room.

There's a knock on the door before Scott tells her to leave her clothes in the hamper under the sink and that he'll just pick it up later and put it in the wash.

"I also brought fresh towels and something you can change into."

Lydia opens the door and Scott smiles at her while giving her the items (there's also a blow dryer---"It's my Mom's"---Scott hastily explains).

"I'm sorry about the--", he waves to her general appearance then turns around and starts to leave his room. She faintly hears him say that he'll be cleaning up the kitchen.

Lydia shuts the door and turns on the tap, holding out her hand to gauge the temperature of the water. A bath would be nice but she doesn't like the thought of swimming in a solution of pancake batter and bath oils. Yuck.

She takes off her clothes and places them in the hamper. She sniffs at the bottles of body wash that Scott gave her. Now why does Scott have so much bath stuff?

Lydia rolls her eyes at Scott's weirdness then gets under the shower. The water is hot and she spends a few minutes under it doing nothing, just letting the water drench her hair and body. Eventually, she feels the muscles on her shoulders relax. She slowly sighs.