I shrugged. "It's fine. I can enjoy it while it lasts. I don't give in easily at all so, he might get bored after a while."

She smiled at me sympathetically. "Well, Lisa and I are always here if you want to talk."

My heart stuttered. "You've told Lisa?" I asked. 

Cassidy shook her head. "No, of course not. It's your decision. Plus, if anyone at school found out, they'd have a fit."

"Let's keep it on the down-low," I supplied. "This is probably just a phase for him. No need to make this into a huge thing."

Cassidy pursed her lips. "You're right," she said after a while. "Who knows? This might be a good thing after all."

In response, I smiled at her. It felt weird talking to someone about all of this. Where was Cassidy a few months ago when this was happening? 

"Hey," I blurted out. "Don't you find it weird if a human and vampire . . ." I trailed.

I wasn't sure what I was asking. This was the first time it had occurred to me. Did it make sense for a vampire and a human to date? If anything, did dating royalty make any sense?

"If there's an attraction I don't think it should matter," Cassidy told me. "You have to admit, the Heir isn't that bad looking. Just don't tell him that because you'll never hear the end of it. You also don't seem extremely put off about his advances."

"It could be his Allure," I said.

She shook her head. "The more I think about it, the less it seems likely that you're under his control. I'm a vampire so I know these things. When someone is completely under Allure, they're not themselves and you seem to be yourself."

I looked away. Yeah. I knew exactly what she meant. I'd hoped that by the end of this, Cassidy would be further and further away from the truth, but now she was closer than anything. I didn't think she was using her Allure on me. Even if it was subtle, I was sure I could tell. This just meant Cassidy had a way of reading people and it was scary, to be honest. What else would she find out?

Suddenly, Cassidy leaned forward. "Do you want to shop around?" She shrugged. "Since we came all this way, we might as well spend some time here."

I bit my lip. "We have homework though."

The look Cassidy gave me made me wish the ground swallowed me.

"An hour away from homework isn't going to kill anyone. And just because of that, we're going to go shopping. You don't have to buy anything but you're accompanying me."

I sighed. "Alright. Fine."

For almost an hour, I followed Cassidy around. She walked to almost every store and tried out so many outfits. I didn't think that was necessary but I was sure she looked good in anything. She even tried to make me try out some outfits but I firmly refused. 

"Come on," she whined. "Just this once? When's the last time you've been in a dressing room?"

There was an insult in there somewhere. 

"I don't want to," I assured her. "Besides, the beauty of online shopping is that you don't need to try any clothes. You upload your measurements and presto. Instant clothes."

Cassidy frown. "Yeah, but it takes the fun out of shopping."

"Well, that's fun for me. Plus, you avoid lines and people."

She laughed. "I didn't think you were anti-social."

"Well, I am. People ask too many questions. They're noisy and don't know when to drop subjects."