Loveless Worlds

Days passed. You had spent time coddling and befriending your classmates. You grew fond of Celestia, Sayaka and Chihiro. During the light hours you talked and laughed but the moment you were alone in your room you had held Junko in your arms and schemed. 

Junko had expressed her frustrations on the lack of killings, you had held her hand and rubbed your thumb against her palm. She would turn to look at you with a new light in her eyes, and in her broken voice would whisper, "I love you."

Anyone who didn't know Junko personally and only on paper would of seen this as another lie. Another attempt to keep you under her thumb. But you knew that this was the real Junko. This was the Junko that snuck into your orphanage and held you close when you told her of the bullies. This was the Junko who single-handledly stopped all of your problems.

This was the Junko who took you to movie theaters. The Junko that would lose the light in her eyes when you cried. 

This was the Junko who had pressed her forehead against yours and promised that nobody would hurt you ever again. 

This was the Junko you had fallen in love with.

So when the first motive went out and you sat and watched the video you weren't surprised to see that your DvD didn't work.

You weren't surprised when Junko didn't show up. You weren't surprised when the body discovery announcement went off. 

When you saw the corpse of Sayaka Maizono you had felt your face fall. You had collapsed to your knees when you saw her laying there... dead. 

Tears had slowly fallen down your cheeks and your heart leapt in your chest. 

The ugly claws of Despair had gripped your throat. 

Junko had spoken through Monokuma and announced that all of the class meet up in the gym. You had walked there, not listening to Monokumas speech as you already knew all of the rules of the trial. 

"Quit your blabbing!" A familiar voice yelled, "Even if you threaten me, I'm still not participating!"  

"How selfish!" Monokuma yelled back.

"You're the one being selfish! Making us kill each other? Leave me out of it!"

"With such an overwhelming evil power staring me in the eyes... I'm shaking in my boots!

"But... I will not yield to darkness... Monokuma will always fight to the bitter end...

"If you truly wish to pass...

"...you must take me down first!"

Monokuma charged towards Mukuro. Mukuro slammed her heel on his face and pinned him to the floor.

"There are you happy now?" 

"Right back at ya."

"Huh?" 

"Violence against the headmaster, Monokuma, is prohibited. This is a violation...

"Heed my call, O spear of legend, Gungnir! Come to thine master's aid!"

"NO!" You screamed when ceiling panels had moved and you saw the shine of a spear. You dashed forward and Mukuro turned to you in confusion, "MOVE!" You yelled and right before your hand clenched around her clothes to pull her out of harms way...

"...............................

"Huh?

"What...?

"Th-that dosen't make sense...

"Why... me...?"

Her eyes went wide and the now corpse collapsed right in front of you. You gasped in fear and covered your mouth as tears dripped from your eyes.

This wasn't the plan. Why did... why did Junko kill Mukuro? Why? Why? Why? 

Her blood was splatted onto your jacket, shoes and hands. 

Time passed.

Debates ensued.

The culprit sobbed and begged.

Execution played. 

You had walked back to your room and shut the door behind you, making sure to lock it before collapsing against the hard wood.

You sobbed and screamed and yelled and cursed out fate. 

But after that?

While the tears poured down your face you found yourself laughing and smiling.

I understand Junko.

Please... show me more of this beautiful Despair.

Word count: 618