corruption of innocence

Emily made her way onto the sixth floor of the building made of glass, nestled on the corner of Jameson and Ferguson. She had been working as a secretary there for about five months now. Fresh out of a european college, Emily had never been around so many people before, her graduating class had only had about 200 girls in it. The key word here meaning girls. Emily's mother was a devout religious women who believed in was in Emily's best interest to keep her separated from men.

That means that since as young as Emily could remember, she was sent to an all girls private school deep in the country. She stayed here from when she was a child until a young adult. That place was more of a home to her than her actual home. Up until Emily decided to move into the city, she never minded that she had never been around men before.

Of course she wasn't a complete idiot, she had seen men before, on the television for commercials and such. There had also been several male teachers in her years attending school there, but they were older and usually unattractive. She had never been around a boy her age before. So when she came to the city and was surrounded by men of all ages it was quite the shock for her.

Most of the jobs that she wanted to apply for were all usually held by men, meaning that her could have been bosses were usually sexist pigs who only cared about themselves and the men that they could employ. She tried to treat the men that she came in contact with like she would the women she was used to, but she quickly found out that this was not a good strategy to have.

So she decided that she would take an easier job and then figure out how to get into the position of power she wanted to be in. She found a firm that was looking for a secretary, they had been looking for several weeks now and they still hadn't found anyone. The boss there had a horrible reputation and the women looking for jobs knew not even to bother going in for that job. Emily however was not in the know, and got the job that same day she came in. They asked her to start working right away, Emily soon learned why no one wanted to take this job. The men around the office were mean, and tended to talk down to her like she knew nothing.

If this was the way that all men acted the Emily wanted nothing to do with them, she couldn't understand what the big deal was about men that the women in her school went crazy for. From Emily's perspective, they were all very rude and liked to say hurtful stuff to her. This whole process went on for about a month. Emily was getting quite use to the abuse she was receiving, she knew almost everyone on the floor by name and how they would treat her when they spoke to her. She liked in the spare time to categorize them into groups.

It wasn't until midway through her fifth week there that she saw someone new. The boss of the firm was showing a young man around the floor and introducing people to him. Emily was curious as to who he could be, she couldn't get a good look at him. They were also blocked by someone or something, but she could tell that he had longer blonde hair that almost reach his shoulders. His shoulders were broad and seemed to stretch out the material of the shirt he was wearing.

Finally after several agonizing minutes of searching for a face, he turned around, and took Emily's breath away. As they walked closer to her desk, she tried to memorize the planes of his face. He had big blue eyes that shone out brightly on his tanned skin, and light blonde hair that anyone could tell was so light because of days in the sun. He had a nice mouth, with luscious looking lips. This were the kinds of lips that women gushed about at school, she remembered the stories of the women who had been around men before, how a simple pair of lips could make women shiver and quake. He had a small mole on the right side of his face just left of his nose.

She thought that it made him seem more human, a more beautiful and interesting looking human. He had on tighter khaki pants that clung to the muscular tones of his frame. His shirt was a white cotton button down, he wore it causcally, untucked and unbuttoned midway down his chest. As her eyes trailed up the length of him to meet his eyes again, a slow smirk appeared on his face. Emily was unprepared as to how this one look could make her whole body shiver. She felt a knot of something build up in her stomach and she had to adjust the way she was sitting, for the blaze inside of her was causing all sorts of unusual things to happen.