Chapter Three

Kenneth leaned into the warmth of the giantess for only a short while before he finally began to squirm uncomfortably. He was still so unused to this, and blood was still running down his arms from where he'd used his knife. His face was caked in dirt and tears, and he was only wearing a rag that was poorly wrapped around him. "M-Miss Morgan, I-I'm sorry but...c-can I-"

"Oh you poor thing, I'm so sorry!" Nova lowered him back down, standing up and swiftly moving about the room. The things she grabbed made Kenny wonder if she could read his mind. Bandages, disinfectant, and a ceramic bowl. Though he wasn't sure what the bowl was for.

The young woman moved at such speed it was almost inhuman. It was like she had everything in its place, ready for him. Just how long had she been planning this? How long did she wait until she kidnapped him and brought him here?

She approached with the disinfectant and bandages first, using a cotton ball to soak up some of the disinfectant before looking to the small boy. "It might sting, okay?" She murmured in a low voice. "No doubt you've never had a wound taken care of before."

Kenny was silent for a moment or two, her words ringing truth in his ears. No one had ever cleaned or bandaged his self-inflicted wounds before. He gave her a silent nod to show her she was correct, flinching and wondering if that would upset her, but he was met with a gentle smile.

"Now you're about to," Nova took the cotton ball between the fingers of one hand, and his left arm in her other. She used the cotton ball and disinfectant to clean the blood away and treat his wounds. She was quite surprised he didn't jerk away, expecting him to cry in pain or yank away from her hands.

Kenneth in truth wasn't feeling the pain at all. He's been beaten before, and the pain from that was far worse than a tiny sting of a chemical meant to keep him from getting sick. A sense of gratitude welled inside his now little body. "Th-Thank you, m-ma'am."

Turning her light blue eyes to look at the tiny boy, her gentle smile remained, showing nothing but kindness and concern for him. "You're very welcome, Kenny." She wrapped gauze around his wounds, humming a very soft tune while she did so. A lullaby she'd learned when she was very young and had longed to one day pass on to her own children. When she lost her baby, she thought she'd never get that chance.

Listening to her humming was strangely calming. He couldn't remember ever being sung to when he was younger, and she had a very pretty, melodic voice. But there was still something else on his mind. "M-Ms. Morgan?" Kenny spoke softly, holding the rag tighter around his diminished body. "D-Do you have any clothes for me? I-I can't live in a washcloth."

Nova's eyes widened at his words and she ceased her humming. She had almost forgotten. She swiftly nodded her head hoping the sudden movement wouldn't startle him. "Of course. The plan was to give you the set of pajamas I made for you as soon as I took care of your injuries."  She finished tying off the gauze and straightened up, turning to a dresser and rummaging through the top drawer. 

Kenneth watched her remove a set of dark blue flannel pajamas and even some undergarments that she no doubt made herself. A faint smile crossed his lips. The clothing looked so comfortable, well made, and obviously had a lot of time put into it. "Y-You made that for me?"

"Well, normal doll clothing has itchy fabric, and the backs are secured with velcro. That doesn't sound too comfy now does it?" Nova said calmly, laying the clothes down in front of Kenny on the bed. "I wanted you to feel at home here, and really cared for. Oh, and please, it's just Nova. I'd never force you to call me anything else."

Kenny knelt down, running his hand over the fabric and smiled. He was right. The fabric was soft and breathable, but also made to keep him warm. A tremendous amount of joy and gratitude welled inside of him, and he looked up at the giant woman's face with a wide grin. He couldn't form the right words to thank her.

And he didn't need to. It was clear from the look on his face how grateful he was, and that was enough to warm Nova's heart. It was even such a simple thing, receiving proper pajamas, and yet that was enough to make him smile like that. 

To be polite and simply act like a decent human being, she turned her back to allow him to change. She could hear the quiet rustling of fabric as he moved and could hear him muttering softly to himself, mostly when he was probably fiddling with the buttons. When she was given confirmation he was done, she turned around.

Reaching to take the rag, his small hands suddenly grasped her fingers and she paused. "Wait! C-Can...can I use it as a blanket?" He requested softly, gazing up at her with tiny, hopeful, brown eyes.

"Of course you can," Nova went to pull her hand back, but instead it was embraced by his arms and nearly his entire body. A warm feeling spread through her chest, and even if she wanted to, she wouldn't be able to fight the smile that spread across her face.

Kenny had never felt so comfortable in his life. Never felt more at home than the way he did now. This woman was so kind, loving, and it was clear from the moment he saw her kind eyes that she wasn't faking anything. She was really and genuinely concerned for him. "I-Is this your room? I-I'm actually getting pretty tired. Waking up the size of a doll takes a lot out of someone."

Nova laughed softly, slowly leaning down to nuzzle the side of his face with her nose. She was only a little surprised at how he smiled and leaned into her at the gentle touch. "This is the spare room. Soon I'll redecorate it to your liking."

"W-Wait, so it's my room?!" He asked excitedly, releasing her hand and staring up at her with a wide grin. "M-My own?!" He'd never had a room to himself before. Usually, his bed consisted of a pile of blankets in a corner.

Again, Nova laughed and nodded. "Yes. You have your own room. I'll leave my own door across the hall open a crack so you can come get me if you need me. Other than that, you're free to wander the house, just be careful of vents and the stair at the door of the kitchen. It's a one floor home, you don't have to worry about too many stairs."

Kenny easily laid down on his side, his fingers brushing over the bandages on his arm. He momentarily gazed at Nova and watched her large hands move to cover him with the warm, soft washcloth. "G-Goodnight. And thanks again." He muttered tiredly, curling up under the blanket. The surface was so soft, he could already feel himself drifting off.

It wasn't a surprise to Nova when he was instantly out as soon as his head hit the pillow, and a fond smile crossed her lips as she gazed down at the small boy. "Goodnight, Kenny," she whispered, "and you're very welcome."