Chapter 6

The moment I was safely within the confines of my car, my hands began to shake. The image of Cynthia's still flashed within my mind leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Those eyes. Those soulless empty eyes. Her ghostly white hair and unnaturally blue eyes kept replaying over and over within my mind on repeat. The girl in that poster was gone. The unbelievable pain she experienced. Something dark had replaced the happy girl in those posters. How was I even going to tell Warren?

As I sat there looking out at the gray clouds in the distance casting the world in shadow. The surrounding woods seem to grow darker. I swallowed feeling like the darkness within those trees was alive with something sinister. I frown as I sat and stared unable to look away. The darkness seemed to move causing my back to throb. I leaned forward placing my forehead upon the steering wheel suddenly feeling dizzy. It had grown late, closer to sunset making me realize I had not yet eaten.

Suddenly a knock sounded at my passenger window and I jumped, jerking away from the door. My eyes were wide as I watch the boy with the blonde hair and honeysuckle eyes enter my car. He sat there a moment quiet smirking at me as I sat there frozen

"Here," I frown as he handed me a bright pink bag.

"What is it?" I asked feeling somewhat cautious.

"Open it and find out." He smirked leaning back against my door waiting. There was a challenge in his eyes as he watched as if he thought I wouldn't open the bag. I rolled my eyes and opened it even though I was scared to do so.

Inside were a dozen little white and brown balls. The smell of glazed donuts assaulted my nose and instantly my stomach growled. Glazed donuts were my absolute favorite comfort food. I smiled stuffing a donut hole into my mouth.

"Hmm thank you," he laughed watching me stuff another into my mouth.

"Thought you might be hungry. You were out for quite some time. I'm Vincent Michael's Delvin and warren's cousin. The other guy earlier with the sour-looking upon his face was our cousin Hunter Ross. He's quiet but a good guy. Since you were going to start working at the library I figured I'll introduce myself." He said sticking out his hand for me to shake. The moment our hands touched a spark ignited between our hands. An image formed in my mind. Delvin standing along a cliff bath in light, with black wings sprouting behind his back. Then it changed and suddenly I saw myself with blood upon my brow and a terrified look upon my face as I stood there in a dark clearing with the woods surrounding me. Cynthia standing in a wide clearing with those soulless eyes with blood around her mouth. The next it changed and I found myself lying in a puddle of my own blood and my last dying breath upon my lips.

Vincent jerked releasing my hand and the images instantly disappeared. I sat there stunned unable to comprehend what just happened. Vincent sat close starring back at me with a frown upon his face as he stared back at his hand in shock. I was shaking, feeling nauseous unable to form a single word. What just happened?

"Adds, are you okay?" He said and his eyes narrowed.

"I'm sorry but I suddenly don't feel so good." I said as I realized I was physically shaking in my seat.

"Right, I guess I'll go." He turned about to open the door when suddenly he stopped. "Did you...?

"Did I What?" I asked watching the worry in his eyes grow.

"Did you see something?" I stiffen wondering if somehow he saw something too. I opened my mouth but I couldn't bring myself to tell him what I saw because a part of me was afraid.

"I don't know what you mean." I said averting my eyes as I started my car. "Did you see something?"

"No, and that's the problem." My eyes drew to his feeling confused By his words.