"First the Moon mission and now this. You watched me search for answers and said nothing," Luther began raising his voice, getting angrier as he realized all the lies. "Anything else you want to share, Pogo? Any other damn secrets?" Klaus tried to calm him only to be shut off by a furious half-man. "I won't calm down. We've been lied to by the one person in this family we all trusted."

"It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I─" Pogo sighed before telling them his last words. "I had no choice."

Dan frowned at him with pity, sympathizing with his tight situation. But one thing is following what you were born to do, increasing your abilities. Pogo had kept Hargreeves' suicide a secret, lied to their faces, and watched them walk around in circles making all the wrong decisions. She could imagine the pain he could have prevented, arguments, fights.

Luther storms out, leaving them all to let out a long breath. Five teletransported out of the room, a quick escape they all wished to take. Dan was soon to follow when a voice stopped her. "Miss Thompson, I would appreciate it if you read this. Whenever you're ready."

A folder was deposited in her hands before Pogo walked out, too. She wondered what was inside. A strange dilemma occurred in her head. Was it the right time? Would the contents of this folder affect her negatively? They couldn't afford a loss in the team. She couldn't bring herself to open and read it.

Klaus's hand came into view and snatched the folder out of her hands, forcing a decision out of her fatigued brain. Dan glared at him, fighting back for that private information. He smiled apologetically, allowing her to have it back. A quivering sigh left her as she stormed past him.

One hand dug into her bra as she climbed up the stairs, heading for that isolated room she'd woken up in. A cigarette was dragged out and placed on her lips as her other hand reached for the other cup, taking out a lighter. With both hands full, she did not bother to close the door behind her. Her light eyes reflected the small flame as she lit the drug, hoping it would purify her anxieties.

The folder was tossed into the bed, cast away for the moment. Instead, Dan focused on the view outside, attempting to clear her mind as she puffed out a cloud of smoke. Many thoughts and blurred memories crossed her head, some clearer than others ( like having to keep Five alive with her little knowledge after he'd passed out from a shrapnel wound ).

She exhaled a long breath, trying to keep herself together. She could not recall the last hours of the day, they were literally gone, not blurred like the others. What had happened? Surely, it had to be something so big and shocking that it forced her brain to shut it out. That would explain why Allison and Diego were not around. Maybe she was supposed to do something. . .

The wood behind her creaked, halting the struggle to break through that memory wall. Dan veered around, catching sight of a changed Klaus. His presence did not bring any strong smell with him. It was her, now, who radiated toxicity. She watched as his gaze fell on the untouched folder on the bed, face twisting with rare emotions.

Respecting his recent decision, Dan burnt out the cigarette against the window frame before tossing it towards the damp backyard. "Looks kinda scary, huh. Do you mind staying while I read it? I'm not sure what to expect─"

"Yeah, yeah." Klaus waddled towards the bed, plopping down next to the small object with giant answers.

She sat down on the other side, hands going for the mysterious folder. The first step was through. They stayed in silence, hoping for a signal to advise them on what to do. Anything would help. Her eyes flickered towards her company in worry.

Klaus stared back for a second before taking the precious information from her hands. Dan would have protested, had she not been asking for it. "If it helps in any way, don't read it like it's intended to. You open it and. . ."