Chapter Five

I don't own the characters

The first thing Percy saw when she opened her eyes was white. Just white, bright white. Her vision focused and she realized that she was in a hospital. Why am I in a hospital? Then the previous events rushed back to her, right, that's why.

Her right foot was propped up, and her head rested against a soft pillow. She saw the IV that she was hooked up to and let her vision wander to the ceiling. After some time, Percy didn't know how long, a doctor walked into the room.

She smiled softly at her and held a clipboard.

(Keep in mind that I know nothing of hospital stuff)

"Hello, Miss Jackson," she said. "How's your ankle feeling?"

"Bad," Percy said and read her name tag. Sadie Holt.

"Thats normal," Sadie said. "Your ankle was shot, after all."

Percy nodded.

-

The next day Percy was allowed to leave the hospital, with crutched and a cast as the bullet had broken one of her ankle bones.

She took the bus to her apartment, as it would take way to long to walk. Percy stepped off the bus at the bus stop, the one closest to her apartment.

Once she'd arrived at the apartment, and locked the door she sat down on her couch and flipped through the TV channels.

As she found nothing to watch she turned it off and sighed. This school year had gone off to a terrible start. She sighed and walked to her room, and lay down on her bed.

-

The next morning her alarm clock woke her, as it normally did on school days. She got up and walked to her kitchen with the help of her crutches of course. She ate a bowl of yogurt and walked back to her room to change.

She smiled as the warm air hit her face when she stepped out of the apartment building. She decided to take the bus to the University, since it wasn't the best idea to walk to school with crutches.

As she walked onto Campus she felt so many eyes trained on her. She tried her best to ignore them and to keep going. She shifted uncomfortably every now and then, but she made it to her biology class in time, which was a plus.

-

After biology she had an hour or so before her next class began so she decided to text Hanna.

Meet me by the fountain

She sent it and walked to the fountain as fast as she could muster. She got there before Hanna, so she simply waited. Thankfully, as Percy was not a patient person, Hanna came not much later.

She smiled and her eyes widened as she saw Percy's cast and crutches. Her pace quickened as she walked towards Percy. "What happened?"

"Oh, nothing much," Percy replied sarcastically. "Just almost got mugged. Nightwing saved me, but the mugger decided to be a little *beep* and shot me."

Hanna blinked several times at the news. "God, are you okay?"

"What do you think?" Percy said sarcastically.

"Hmm," Hanna said, as if she were pondering something. "How about... yes?"

Percy laughed lightly and smiled a bright smile.

"Honestly, I think you might be a little off," Percy replied.

"Really?" Hanna said. "I couldn't guess."

"You couldn't?" Percy said and gasped in mock surprise.

-

That day Percy was able to make it home without being mugged, probably due to the fact that it want as late as the time she left from Hanna's house.

Percy walked into the apartment and immediately walked to the pantry, she was starving, but before she reached the pantry something caught her attention. Now, you may be wondering what on earth could distract Percy from food? Well, it was a simple note. Simple white paper, simple writing style. The note lay on her kitchen counter, as if it belonged there, as if it was meant to be there. This activated a small alarm in Percy's mind. Percy narrowed her eyes and slowly approached the note and read it without touching it.

Hey, I hope you're alright. That bullet wound looked pretty painful.

- Nightwing

Percy blinked several times, she was not expecting that. That was ... kind of him. Did he sneak in here just to give me that note? Would be a shame to not reply. But how would she reply, that was the big question. Well, it was until Percy came up with a very Percy-like idea.

She quickly grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. She took the cap of the pen and started to write, she probably had to concentrate more than most just to write, she blamed the dyslexia.

I'm good, got a cast and crutches now. Yay! (note the sarcasm). And you're right, it was very painful.

- Percy

Once she was happy with the short note she placed it down on top of the note that Nightwing had left her. Why he had left it, she had no idea, but she wasn't complaining.  

Then she grabbed a sandwich from the pantry and ate it, what else would she do with it? Percy then took the note off Nightwings note and took a picture, before sending it to Hanna. Then, as she wasn't stupid, she placed the note back on Nightwings note.

Percy then walked to her bed and jumped onto it, leaving her crutches on the floor. She grabbed her computer and started working on homework.