Love Is Blind {SCP 096 x Blind! Reader}

{{ This was requested by @FreakyFantasy-me who requested a fluffy 096 x reader! Enjoy}}

{{Please don't question the sign language bit. Let's say some scp alteration let's Y/N understand it despite being blind. }}

((This is what I  get for finishing stuff at 4 am))

Blind.

It's what Y/N has been their entire life, and yet they managed to learn how to use echolocation, get a great job, have friends, and save many people with their research. Being assigned to a Keter SCP before, it was a huge shock when site command suddenly transferred Y/N to work with SCP-096.  They read a bit about him, and it was understandable; Y/N was blind and 096 was only triggered if someone saw his face, so they must've been the perfect person for the job, but something about this sudden change seemed suspicious.

So here they are; about to interact with a creature that slaughtered hundreds of humans. The thought didn't brighten the situation one bit, but pessimism was the doctor's lead trait. The researcher's light footsteps echoed down heavy containment hallways until Y/N reached their destination;  A clearly visible plaque next to a door read 'SCP-096, Euclid', alongside an image of 096 with the face redacted. They took a deep, nervous breath and stepped in, vaguely greeting the two other researchers that stood in the observation chamber.

"You can leave your stuff here, but site command wanted you to physically interact with 096," one of them said, a small bit of guilt present in his voice as he glanced at the image from pressure sensors inside the cell.

 Y/N nodded in response as they weren't too talkative and hung their light, black bag on a coathanger near the entrance.  The next few minutes were full of anxiety and anticipation as the blind doctor heard reinforced, airtight doors open, immediately followed by sounds of quiet sobbing and crying. Y/N took a step through the door, hearing it shut behind them. They immediately recognized the disproportionate, sumped body of 096 in the room, but did not make an attempt to come any closer. The creature's head lifted enough for the two to briefly lock eyes. Everyone in the two rooms felt a sudden stress drop over them...

But nothing happened.

The lanky creature lowered his head, not as much as before, and took a few steps toward the researcher, who had let out a sigh of relief. Y/N wasn't really scared of 096 anymore, knowing that they can't see his face, and also made an attempt to walk forwards. Y/N figured that the creature couldn't talk, so they waved. 096 looked up from his slumped position before copying the gesture.  Y/N signed 'Hello' at the lanky SCP, who, again, only copied the movement in confusion. And that was how Y/N stared teaching 096 sign language.

The rest of the 30 minutes they had together was mainly spent in silence as Y/N explained sign language to 096. The two parted abruptly when a voice came over the speakers telling Y/N to leave the cell, but they waved as a goodbye, the SCP waving back.

((Part two is in the works))

•| SCP Oneshots |•जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें