I could feel the color draining off my face once I realized that I just kissed him back – again. I pressed my hand to my lips, my breath coming out in pants. My lips felt swollen, hot. What the hell just happened?

"How did that feel?" his voice was dark, it didn't sound like Luke's at all, "How did that feel to get kissed by me when I was not drunk?"

What is he talking? Why did he just do that? "Why did you kiss me?"

"Why didn't you tell me about the kiss we shared that night when I came to your house drunk?"

My head snapped up to look at Luke and my heart beat raced more if that was even possible. Luke's breath was coming out in short gasps as he panted too. His beautiful Hazel eyes were now darkened with a predatory glint in his eyes that made me want to run away from his room as quickly as possible.

"W-what?"

"I wanted to make you feel the way I made you feel that night when I kissed you," he admitted, his eyes hard and unforgiving as they locked with mine, "That is why I kissed you now. Now that I answered you, answer me. Why didn't you tell me about our first kiss?"

"W-what are you talking about?"

He gritted his teeth as he glared at me, "Drop your act, Caroline," he hissed, his eyes boring mine with an intensity that could even kill me if he wanted to, "I remember that night and how I kissed you and how you kissed me back."

"Luke," I whispered, my voice going hoarse and rough suddenly.

"I thought we were best friends," he whispered, shaking his head at me in disappointment, "I thought we never hide anything from each other."

"Luke, I-I didn't want that kiss to spoil everything between us," I stammered out, blinking back the tears that threatened out of my eyes, "That was the reason why I didn't tell you anything."

Luke looked at me intently for a few moments, before he let out a sigh, a defeated one telling me that he was giving up on me, "I was so mad at you when I remembered that night. I thought you would have told me if I did something like that. I thought we were best friends."

"We are," I assured him, trying to assure myself in the process.

"It just doesn't feel like that anymore, Care," he smiled at me sadly, "First you didn't tell me that Sierra was the reason you broke your hand, then you didn't tell me about the drunken kiss or whatever it was that we had shared that day and then you refused to tell me what made you forgive Axel and then you didn't tell me about their parents getting divorced, granted, I didn't tell you about Theo and Kyra and it is not really your place to tell me, that's okay. But something about the way you did everything hurt me more than anything could actually do it."

I lowered my head to the floor in shame, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just didn't want that kiss to spoil our friendship. I thought that it was better that way if I didn't tell you anything about it."

Luke snickered, "How can I trust you again, Care?"

"What?" I looked up at him with wide eyes, "Of course, you can trust me."

"You cannot get me trust you like that, Care," he shook his head at me, "Trust is built and maintained by small actions over the time. You ruined my trust on you the moment you decided to keep something as big as this from me."

"Luke, I didn't mean it like that," I ran a hand through my hair as I let out a breath of air, my mind clouding with frustration, "I told you this already and I am telling you this again. I just didn't want the kiss to spoil our friendship."