A melodious laugh erupted from Jasmine as she swiftly snatched Masumi into her chest before the young girl could escape her bedtime.

"I got you little critter, now I'm going to eat you up!" Jasmine joked with a teasing smile and blew ticklish raspberries onto her stomach while the small redhead bursted into an uncontrollable fit of giggles.

Jasmine's ears perked up at a sudden cry of distress. "Mama no! Don't eat Masumi!"

With watery eyes and a trembling bottom lip, Yuudai jumped onto his mother's lap, stumbling over his chubby feet. The Fanalis woman laughed softly at her teary-eyed son and scooped him into a loving embrace. Instantly, his pouted lips curled into a gummy grin as Jasmine smothered his pudgy face with butterfly kisses.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, my baby. We were only playing, but it's time for you both to sleep now," She reassured Yuudai and laid him in bed next to his sister.

"Sing to us!" Masumi beamed brightly, snuggling close to the indigo-haired baby.

A gentle smile tugged at Jasmine's lips as she fulfilled her daughter's wish and let her euphonious voice spill like honey - smooth and sweet - lulling the children into slumber. Slowly, their drooping eyelids grew heavier, falling submissive to the soothing melody guiding them into the comforting darkness of sleep - a taste of the eternal slumber known as death.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Agonised shrieks suddenly pierced through the cloak of tranquility wrapped around the family, shredding apart their serene silence with havoc. Jasmine snapped her neck towards the doorway, the draped sheet glowing a fiery orange as the silhouettes of distressed villagers scattered in panic and fear.

While her children trembled in fright, Jasmine peeked outside at the fiery beast of inferno, swallowing the village in its feral flames without mercy. Her people, armed with weapons, charged towards an enemy army - the culprits for their home burning to ashes. They were under attack.

Jasmine glanced at the kids; her benign smile sunk into a grim frown and eyes darkened to a dangerous shade of blood as they gleamed dauntingly. "Stay here and keep hidden," She demanded before sprinting towards the battle.

Never before had Masumi witnessed the threatening expression written on her mother's features, and she definitely preferred the nurturing smile.

Yuudai quivered with a whimper. "I'm scared."

"Don't worry, Mama will protect us," Masumi assured her brother as the small birds of pure, glowing energy swarmed around the girl in comfort.

Jasmine leapt into battle, taking out several men with a single blow as she effortlessly dodged their spears and nets. The enemies slashed their swords at the Fanalis, but their attempts were all in vain as she was much too quick for them.

As her friends fought by her side to protect their home, the enemy fell one by, and yet they were easily replaced by more soldiers, their army number only decreasing slowly unlike the small village. Jasmine's friends were wounded severely, taking their last breaths before their bodies fell limp. A fierce battle cry reverberated from her lips as she barged through enemies at an incredible speed, clouds of dust trailing behind her as she blew away tons of men.