Chapter 2: Sweet Girl with the Unique World

Inhaling my cigarette, I closed my eyes and tilted my head back, blowing out a thin gray cloud of smoke from between my lips.
"Hey, David!" called a familiar voice.
I looked over to the left, seeing a small circle of my friends chatting away.
"Come over here! We got some McDonald's!" I rolled my eyes, smiled, and jogged towards them.
Samuel Barns, a British guy who's been my friend for a while, was devouring a Quarter Pounder and then there's Sean Asher. The others were old friends like Dominic and Billy; they were dunking their fries in the ketchup and flinging the red sauce at each other's faces.
I rolled my eyes and gave myself a mental facepalm. Suddenly, loud banging sounds and multiple falls came from the other side of the street.
"You FUCKING ASSHOLE!!" screamed a female voice.
Two girls, one white and the other black, were holding back another white girl from a store owner. The girls holding the third girl were both tall and very pretty.
The small girl was reaching out and clawing at the man, shrieking, "YOU HONESTLY DON'T HAVE THE GODDAMN HEART TO GIVE THAT CHILD FOOD!!"
"Grace"- started the black girl.
"You don't have the balls AT ALL!!"
"Hannah, Jade, this is who you call your 'best friend' and I'm ashamed of it."
"Joesph, stop being a fucking dick," said one of them.
"And look at this," the man said, pulling out what looked like a bitten pen.
"The slut chewed at my pen; my favorite pen!" The small girl wailed and attempted to swing at Joseph.
"We don't fucking care 'cause she's quitting anyway," said the tall brunette.
"Asshole," insulted the black girl.
What did I just witnessed? I thought before sitting down next to Billy and lighting a cigarette.
"Sam, y'know those girls? The ones at the Goodwill?"
He looked over my shoulder and gasped.
"Oh, yeah. Jade, Hannah, and Grace," he said.
"Don't worry about Grace though," said Dom. "There's nothing wrong about her; she's just a pain in the ass."
Billy side-punched him in the arm, ranting, "She's not a pain in the ass, Dom. To me, she's a good girl with a sweet personality."
Sean agreed, "She's also very fun if you get to know her."
I contemplated each of the guys' opinions, most of them pretty positive.
The three girls then walked over to our side of the street, the short one stopping in her tracks to stare at me for a few seconds. I looked back at her. Though we looked at each other for a short time, I remembered her face. Short, brown hair that spiraled in bouncy curls had an adorable red headband with a big bow to match her shirt and makeup; cremish-olive skin dotted with several beauty spots; and her extremely petite height.
Her eyes were colored a gold with flecks of green and chestnut; her full lips colored in ruby-red. She blinked twice, continuing to follow her friends.
"Who's who?"
Samuel placed his burger down and said, "The African girl is Jade, tall girl with dark hair is Hannah, and the tiny brunette is Grace. Sometimes you do not want to make Grace upset."
"She can be sensitive to some things," said Dominic.
"From the Holocaust to racism," finished Billy.
"Why?"
"No one knows but Jade and Hannah," ominously answered Sean.