Words | Chapter 8

The rest of the week, Nana was surrounded by the two boys. They offered to do so much things for her, helping her go look for ingredients for food, helping her carry books she decided to pick up from the library, walk her places, and a lot more. Nana told Miya about the situation, and all the elder did was laugh. The poor Leonin was bombarded with help that she couldn't seem to do anything by herself.

Nana sat by herself on one of the benches in the small park around the edge of the Village, her head laying in her hands. She looked at the kids playing around and gave a small sigh. Suddenly there was a light tap on her shoulder, the Leonin turned to see Diggie's sweet smile.

"Hey..." Diggie waved, "You okay?"

"No." The other groaned, "Harley and Harith are driving me insane!"

Diggie laughed, "You don't see it do you?!"

"Why does everyone say that!" Nana huffed, her eyes staring at the field of flowers in front of her.

Diggie scooted by Nana, "They're fighting over you~"

Nana's head shot up, her face decorated in a peach color, "Wh-what?!"

"They like you, Nana.." Diggie grins, "They want to find out who would win this sudden battle over you..."

Nana shook her head quickly, "N-no, they don't!"

Diggie let out another chuckle, "I'm tell you, Nana!"

The Leonin turned the opposite direction, her arms crossed. She rolled her eyes at the thought of the two boys liking her.

"Impossible..." Nana huffed, "I'm so simple... Chang'e and Angela are way prettier than me. How could they like me?!"

"You can deny it~" Diggie teased, "They do!"

"Shut up!" Nana blushes as she pushed Diggie playfully.

Nana stared at her lap, her thoughts seemingly beginning to understand. Blood swirled in her cheeks, giving off warmth and a red hue to her.

"Wait." Diggie spoke after the sudden silence, "Do you like one of them?!"

"What?! N-no!" Nana defended herself.

"You're blushing!"

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are! Ahah, look at your cheeks!"

Nana brought a hand to her cheeks, and none of a doubt they were heated. Once she realized it, the warmth increase due to embarrassment.

"Who do you like?" Diggie begged, "It's Harley right?!"

"What!? No!" Nana stated.

Diggie gasped, "Oh my gosh! It's Harith isn't it?!"

Nana opened her mouth to refuse, but nothing came out. She'd been considering, why does something about Harith seem different than the way she feels with everyone else, why does something about him always makes her stomach do back flips?

Nana's face then flushed in redness once again, her heart pounded against her chest, "I- I think..."

Nana tried to speak again, but her thoughts were too filled with the white haired boy to even think straight. The Leonin didn't know why she felt this way, she never felt this way for anyone before, due her inexperience her time with Harith and the way he treated her seemed like a kind gesture towards the fifteen year old. The teenager brought her hands once again to her face to feel the heat of her cheeks, "Is this what love feels like?"

"Diggie.." Nana mumbled, "I.. I need your help."

The boy turned towards her with his face plastered in curiosity, "Hm?"

"I don't know..." The magenta haired female begins, "I don't know anymore.. I don't understand how I feel about... him."

Diggie was confused, one of his eyebrow perked up behind his glasses, "Okay, Okay. Who exactly are we even talking about, Nana?!"

"H-" Something again refused to let Nana speak, with all her might Nana tried to say his name, "Har- Harith..."

Diggie pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, "Nana... it's simple. How do you even feel around him anyways?"

Nana looked upwards, the clouds dancing above contrasting the azure hue of the sky. The scene almost perfect, almost as if that some what the world seemed to fix up its self just so the teenager could tell her feelings, or possibly just the perfect amount of silence that it was like the surrounding could keep that secret.

The Cat Elf's eyes were ocean colored as she kept her gaze up above, "When I'm with him... I feel safe some how. It feels like I've met him before, like we were destined for each other in some way. Every word, every glance, and every gesture seems to drive me insane, insane with thoughts of him and well... I don't know what the feeling is. Every time I see him, I want to jump into his arms, and stay by his side for the rest of eternity. I don't know, I just don't understand the way I feel."

The amber colored eyes of Diggie's met Nana's with shock.

"Nana." The boy spoke his hands hovering in front of mouth, "That was... beautiful. God you are so innocent... you don't even know when you are in love. It's so pure."

Nana blushed again, "I- I just am so clueless about it. He just came in all of a sudden... so sudden that it shocked me. Just... how am I even supposed to tell him?"

The Time Keeper shook his head as he stood from the bench, "Nana.. you'll know when! It will be at the right time at the right moment.. you won't miss it."

"But what if he doesn't like me back?!" The Leonin called out to the other as he walked away.

"I highly doubt that he doesn't like you Nana," Diggie smiled back at her, "All he talks about is you and how much you inspire him. In fact, Nana, I think he loves you..."

The Leonin stopped as her face grew warm again.

"He really cares about you, Nana... there's no doubt about it..." Diggie stated as he walked away.

Nana watched as her trusted friend walked away in the distance, she sat down in the field of flowers a few feet away from the bench where she originally rested. She looked at the flowers that decorated the grass, plucking the single sapphire painted blossom in hand, the Leonin observed its beauty the flower only reminding her of the other Leonin.

I think...

I think I love him...