Butterfly Wings: 1

Butterfly Wings

~Prologue

The clouds hang heavy and grey in the sky, the warning sign of rainfall. It pasted the sky in a dreary dark mess, making the already tense mood in the small silver Toyota even deader. Soo-Kyung pressed her forehead against the cold smooth window of the car and gazed out; trying to clear all uneasiness for her already nervous cells. They seemed to vibrate and twitch faster then the car itself was moving, which wasn't too hard. Her mouth felt dry and achy making her constantly swallow in an attempt to regain some moisture in her mouth, however it just left it feeling sticky and pasty.

Soo-Kyung was sitting in the car with her seriously quiet boyfriend Dong-Sun who right now was so cold he made the icecaps look hot. They were driving through a rather silent part of the city, that was slowly growing more unfamiliar by the second, but Soo-Kyung stayed silent. As long as they were still in a reasonably familiar part of Seoul she didn't mind. Seoul is one big city in Korea, with tower blocks and shops, well everywhere. It is technically advanced beyond most places, with the floating office towers. At first glance it lots very much modern, very much high-tech, but it still has some things that will never change. For one its still got some of its traditional culture, and in furthest part of Seoul it has been converted into a sort of slums for what the government refer to as the "social slackers". Suddenly Dong-Sun made a turn and we ended up driving down a very unfamiliar street, panic rose up within her.

"Dong-Sun, where are we going?" Soo-Kyung asked, rather nervously. He didn't reply, just kept looking straight ahead. She sank back in her seat and watched as the streets ahead became more and more unfamiliar. Yes everything had that city look, the metal and shops the dumpsters but things were becoming more and more ghetto then before. They were entering the slums. People like Soo-Kyung often didn't come out of it in one piece, as criminals and such dwelled in there, waiting for more respected people to come by so they could take their anger out on them. Soo-Kyung wrapped her arms around herself in a tight nervous hug and looked at the dark car floor. She closed her eyes; suddenly feeling sick.

"I can't be here." She screamed inside herself. She looked up again and turned her attention to Dong-Sun.

"I said where are we going?!" she yelled in a panic. He turned to her slowly.

"Shut up, you worthless child! You are just so annoying. You really want to know where we are going? Well then I'll tell you. We are going to that bridge at the end of this road so I can get rid of you once and for all." he yelled. Soo-Kyung froze absolutely petrified started shaking. She knew exactly what he meant when he said, "getting rid of you". It meant her death. He was going to kill her.

"But why? I love you baby, please don't do this..." she begged tears streaming down her face. She carried on mumbling "But I love you," over and over, hoping it would somehow save her. Tears carried on falling and it wasn't until he sent an ice cold slap onto her face did she stop and gasp. Looking ahead she saw the bridge, and saw her death. Abruptly some ancient instinct seemed to flare up inside her, she grabbed for the wheel. He yelled at her but they were nothing more then distant words. Coming up ahead was the bridge. Nearer. Nearer. Suddenly all control over the wheel was lost and the car began to skid uncontrollably. And the bridge still kept growing closer. Nearer. Nearer. Then they were on the bridge. The rest was just a tragic blur, the car hit something and flipped upside down, and smashed against the side of the bridge and just half hang off it. Dong-Sun had gotten his leg stuck and had to have it amputated. The crash was never investigated, no one had asked why they there. Yet you would think because of the circumstances they would have done something, would have at least tried to help a grieving family. But no one cared. Least of all Dong-Sun for he got his wish... Soo-Kyung broke her neck.