Seven. Entitled

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaa guys.
...................................................................
Taehyung's POV.
"Come on Jeon! Aren't you gonna help me kick his balls?" I struggle to manage out a string of words as the boy pinned by the wall pleads in fear. The whole cafe is stunned as to why Jeongguk isn't beating up any of us. Including me.
Jeongguk stays still...staring into the man's eyes as he pleaded and cried for forgiveness. But the most shocking thing was the mercy in his eyes. Mercy.
We are talking about the 'Jeon Jeongguk' who was not afraid to beat any fag he sees to death. The one who initiated it when we first met. The rugged, handsome and cold hearted boy that was up for anything.
How come now I only see a depressed, blank and soulless person in place of him? Did I hit the man beneath me too hard? Come to think of it, I didn't really realise how much the man was pleading and crying until now. His face was red as hell and there was a name tag on him.
"Park Jimin?" I say as if it were the most obvious thing ever. I didn't even look at the tag before as I felt guilty as ever. Not because the man was holding on to forgiveness and looked somewhat familiar. But because he was a friend of mine back in the orphanage. He was a fag. I was so heartless that I punched his boyfriend to submission in order for him to stop seeing Jimin. But obviously that did not stop him from going to what he loved.
I remember how guilty I felt. It reflected how my mother treated me. It was the same day when I ran away from the orphanage because of the guilt. The guilt of beating up my best friend's only reason to live upon. I know that I may be entitled to my own f**king opinion, but I should also know how to respect boundaries. He had depression. His boyfriend made him come out of it. He was his only family.
I'm a failure aren't I?
Now it all makes sense why Jeongguk froze when he saw me beating up the guy. He might have gotten flashbacks or trauma the triggered him due to his...history. Why am I so stupid? "Sorry uh-Jimin. You can even beat me up-" He cuts me off and envelops me into a hug.
I don't deserve this.
"Thank goodness you recognised me. I thought you would not even remember!" He stares at me happily even though I beat him up a minute ago. His tears were glistening and his bottom lip was quivering and still he managed to be act so wholesome and kind.
I don't deserve this.
"Hey. Who's the boy you were calling out? He seems nice. I hope you two become great friends. I wish you deserve more than how much you already do" He pats my shoulder in a friendly manner.
I don't deserve this.
He writes his number on a napkin for me and accidentally trips and pushes the glass of water down with him. Causing it to break and land on my boots.
"Oh sorry I'll just clean it up!" He picks up the pieces carefully and one-by-one, then he puts them no the table and gives me the napkin.
I don't deserve this.
"Call me if you feel the need to talk" His smile fades as he notices me frozen on the spot. Unable to say anything. He shrugs and reaches the door handle before I say "What happened to Yoongi?" And trust me, it was the biggest mistake of my life.
"He died from cancer. Didn't you know he had lung cancer back then?" He casually says and walks out of the cafe. Everything stops. Everyone stops. Now it was my turn to feel humiliated and filthy of my words, my mistakes and myself. Now I get to know myself as a depressed, blank and soulless person in this cafe. I look around at everyone. I look at their innocent and hurting faces. I come to realise that they were like that because of me.
What did they ever do? What was their fault? Why can't I understand that they aren't outrageous nor are they monsters or in humane species. They are people who just want to love.
I get why would they want to love the same gender. Look at Jeongguk. He's not only beautiful on the outside, but also beautiful on the inside. His personality, down to earth and honesty would make anyone in the world fall for him. At least I would. I don't get why other don't.
What is wrong with me!? Did I just...ah f**k it. Who even am I anymore? A hypocrite and sociopathic man who swallows his own fears but tries to conceal it by piling myself on to others' problems.
"Taehyung?"
"Don't"
"Are you-"
"I am not okay Jeongguk. Alright?"
He remains silent. Taking in the scent of freshly brewed coffee aroma of the cafe.
"What? I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to ruin people's lives because they simply because they have heart to love someone. Unlike me" I snap in anger.
"So now you're backing out? Are you a fag too?" He says it in a way that hits me in the chest. I hate to admit it, but the word fag sent chills down my spine this time around. How could someone berate a person's attributes and traits just by putting a sexuality label on them?
Maybe Namjoon was right all along. If I wasn't that ignorant I would have listened. I just heard that word in it's light for the first time, although keeping in mind how many times I had just thrown around this name at other people made me think about myself in a disgusting manner.
I clear my throat as I go up to him and pull him by the collar. "What did you just say? I don't want that word on you ever again and believe me. When I get mad. I truly get mad" I say it in such a way that makes everyone in the cafe terrified of my red face except him.
He smiles.
He just freaking grins cheekily at me before whispering into my ear. "Oh. I get it. You think you can scare me? I may be younger than you. But I sure as hell am stronger and capable" I scoff at his choice of words.
"Stronger and capable? Oh please" I try to sound confident, but somewhere in between it comes out in a mumbling tone.  He laughs at me.
"So it's true. You are gay?" He asks me with a stern eyebrow raise to which I roll my eyes at and shake my head. "Why the hell would I suddenly go from zero to hundred that quick?" "So you mean you will be willing to if you-" "F**k it doesn't matter! Nothing matters. To each their own. I don't want to label everyone just because they want to love. And everyone. I'm sorry. I just...I know I should burn in hell" I stifle out a sob as I run out of the cafe.
I could hear the sound of cheering and clapping behind myself and to be honest, I deserve it.
I hope we never meet again, Jeongguk.
But then again, when will someone ever grant my wishes?
...................................................................
Bye readers!