Chapter 1

Harry's POV.

I was doing my daily chores at the Dursleys and trying to do everything correctly so Vernon wouldn't get upset with me.

After finishing my chores and dinner, I went to my small room to wait for my 15th birthday, which was in a couple of hours.

When it was almost time, I started counting down the seconds in my mind:

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... But once midnight struck, I got this excruciating pain that felt like I had been hit with a thousand crucios!

About 3 hours later I came back to my senses, after passing out from the pain, and realized that I could see clearly without my glasses. So I went to the mirror and saw that I had black cat ears and a tail.

At that moment, there was tapping at my window. It was an owl.

I let it in and discovered that it had a letter from Gringotts, so I quickly opened and read it:

Dear Harry Potter:

Now that you have gone through your creature inheritance as a Neko, you are required to come to Gringotts as soon as you can, to remove any magical blocks that you might currently have.

Hoping to see you soon,

Griphook.

After reading the letter for a second time, and wondering what this all meant for me, I decided that the best course of action would be to go to the bank in the morning.

So, I packed my trunk and went to sleep soon after, wanting to be well-rested upon waking up.

In the morning, after getting ready as quietly as I could, I took my trunk and Hedwig inside her cage and went outside. Luckily, I managed not to wake anyone else up.

Since it was still very early, I had no problems calling the Knight Bus to take me to the Leaky Cauldron.

I also decided that it was a good idea to have breakfast there before heading to my next destination.

When I arrived at Gringotts I talked with one of the goblins there and requested to see Griphook, while showing the letter I received from him requesting my presence.

The goblin then took me to Griphook's office and quickly left after announcing my presence.

I was immediately granted permission to get in.

After we exchanged greetings, Griphook asked me to take a seat while taking a file out of the left drawer of his desk.

"Mr. Potter, this file contains information about your family tree and a detailed account of everything that you currently own," Griphook explained, passing the file to me. "Once you finish reading it, I will remove the blocks on your magic, and if you wish, we can find out who your soulmate is after that."

While Griphook got up and started getting ready to remove the blocks on my magic, I read the file, not expecting the big surprise it had in store for me.

I couldn't help but gasp in shock at what I discovered!

According to the file, the Dark Lord and James Potter were my real biological parents, and the two of them were alive! How was that possible?!

Once Griphook finished the necessary preparations, he sat across from me again. I was more than ready to get the blocks on my magic off of me. I wanted nothing more than to be reunited with my real family and soulmate!

"Griphook, please remove the blocks on my magic," I asked him, and he complied.

Luckily, it was a painless procedure, and once it was over, Griphook gave me a mirror to see my new appearance.

I was pleased to realize that I looked like my dad, Tom Riddle. I had his crimson-red eyes and my skin was as pale as his.

Of course, my untamed black curls remained. A testament of who my other father was, James Riddle nee Potter.

I was very happy.

"I have sent an owl to your soulmate. He should be here soon," Griphook said while giving me a cup of water.

Just then I realized how thirsty I was. It must have been an aftermath of the procedure I went through, or so I thought since I didn't ask. So I gratefully drank it all.

"Thank you, Griphook," I said while putting the cup on the desk. "If I may ask, who is my soulmate?"

Griphook was about to answer, but at that moment the door abruptly opened, and Snape walked in with a dramatic gait, his black cape billowing behind him.

"Him," Griphook informed me, while we were both looking at Snape.

"Professor?" I asked, in shock, and with a small blush on my face, since I had had a crush on him since I was thirteen years old.

"Yes, Potter?" Snape said and then looked at Griphook. "Care to explain why I was summoned?"

"You are my mate, sir," I interjected, while my cat ears flattened in fear of rejection and my tail wrapped around me protectively.

"But you are fifteen!" Snape exclaimed, confused.

My tail flicked and my cat ears twitched. "I came into my creature inheritance, professor."

"Oh, really? I haven't noticed," the professor said, sarcastically.

My ears flattened even more and my submissiveness was slightly showing as I softly whimpered and looked at Griphook.

Snape frowned a little at that and said, "I'll take you to your parents."

I nodded and held Snape, err, Severus' arm, and immediately felt comforted at the touch.

Then after saying goodbye to Griphook, Severus apparated us to what I later discovered was Potter Manor.

I was nervous but also excited to finally meet my real family.

Severus knocked on the door and very soon after that, it was opened. "Harry," Tom said, smiling, standing under the threshold.

A/N: I am currently rewriting this whole story with a friend of mine. Check them out on AO3 at Alma_Rohe